96 not getting control channel data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
I noticed yesterday my pro-96 was unusually quiet. It is hooked up to a discone about 25' AGL. and usually hears fine. My 95 & 164 are talking up a storm.(Sedgwick Co. Moto type II) I scrolled manually through the channels, and when I hit the active control channel, it's % was fluctuating and then went to zero, zero. While in manual, scrolling through the channels, if one is active it talks and the talkgroup window displays many different tgid's, this is normal.
I live out west of Wichita by the lake and I was told once that Sedgwick county changes/rotates their control channels every evening, and they change towers once in awhile too.
I downloaded scanner into win96 program to make sure all the settings were correct, perfect, like usual. I have all 3 scanners in the same room now (while I'm typing) on 800 mhz RS antenna's, and the 95 & 164 are hitting like normal, the 96 is silent. I just checked for control channel %, now between 05% and 33%.
HMMM, any ideas? The scanner never moves, it's on a stand, with the power supply hooked up all the time.
Any Ideas?
side note - conventional channels hit fine. Ksics hits sporadically like usual for out here.

95 is NOT hitting like normal, 95 & 96 are reading about the same. The 164 is hearing EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

fp5930

Control Frequency and ID Talk Groups

I make the trip from Wichita to Salina quite often. Would you mind sharing the Control Frequencies and Talk Group ID's that you find active for that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.