97', and Software questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nopicowboy

Ok guys, I have a Pro 97. I am considering getting a cable and downloading the free softwares to program it up. Rght now it IS programmed, but I'd like to do it with the software to neaten it up a little bit.

I do not fully understand trunking, and I'm sure the software will help me with it. My question is, If I use the software to program my scanner, is there anyway I can save the information that "goes into" the scanner, and send it to someone who can look at it, and tell me if I've programmed it right?

Or is using the sofware fool-proof? Cause I'm a fool.... and I dont know hardly anything about trunking. Hahaha....

jeffrey420

With win97 you can save as many differant files as you want. Just give them differant names.
Win97 is by far the best one out there. Free for 30 days then $25, but well worth it.

Last edited:

TES

nopicowboy said:
...is using the sofware fool-proof? Cause I'm a fool...
Almost. You need to be aware that anytime you upload to the scanner you write over ALL channels in each of the ten banks - ALWAYS.

If you use the great Win97 program the first thing you should do is download the factory programming from the scanner and save your download using some name such as "Archive" or the like. Save the same download a second time (a 'Save As') using a name like "Working".

Make whatever changes you like to "Working" and upload your changes to the scanner. Don't ever alter "Archive" and you'll have a way to restore the original programming of your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.