int2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

ds2.jpg

rear.jpg

ds1.jpg

ant1.jpg

98 Mercury Grand Marquis

Narrowband Orions, VHF and UHF 100w, with SS2000 control, through single handheld control head.

BCT15X for 800/lowband with custom underdash mount.

Custom MDC with 12" touch screen, for GPS nav, internet, music, media, packet, etc.

OT2 hybrid tracker/KISS TNC, allows tracking functions or TNC functions through one device, seamlessly switching between the two automatically, hooked to Maxtrac.

GPS/800 antenna is an 'onstar' lookalike lowpro

VHF and UHF are both 1/4 wave

APRS/Packet is 5/8th on trunklid.

All V/U are NMO, so they can be swapped out for different antennas depending on terrain.

gcvaughn

Nice install, but I gotta ask- where do you put your drinks?! I have a '06 MGM and am torn about pulling the cup holder/ash tray unit out for install. If you get a chance to get clearer pics of that area I would appreciate it. Antennas look great, I'd like to go the nmo route, too.

I am also interested in more info on the MDT.

jparks29

John McClane
Haven't resolved the cupholder issue.

Most of my drinks are resealable, so I just toss them in the passenger seat.

I do have a *gasp* old skool window lip mount cupholder, and it works fine for the rare occasion that I have something like a can of AZ iced tea.

The MDC is based on the Studio Hybrid by Dell. It's basically a desktop the size of a car stereo, built with laptop components, and using their laptop power supply, but external connections for KB, screen, etc. just like a desktop.

Screen was some cheap POS I bought on ebay.. and it IS a POS, it's already been replaced once, and the brightness is hard to adjust properly.

I would spend the extra money for a lilliput or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.