• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

98 Silverado Mount questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

I saw in a post awhile back (could not locate it) that had a mounting bracket to mount 2 radios in the "double DIN" radio area of the truck. Here is an attached photo and an idea I was going to look into. I was planning on buying the mounting hardware and mounting a BCT15 in with the pre-existing radio pictured below. I looked at the diminsions of the Pioneer already installed (7W x 6.12D x 2H) the BCT15 is (7.24W x 6.6D x 2.2H) How hard if at all possible do you think this would be.

Also, I never did take out the old OEM cd player, it is useless and I never installed a little "cubby hole." I have a Uniden 520XL CB I was going to try and mount in the old CD area. How would I go about mounting this in? Just use the mounting hardware from say the Jotto that is used to mount into their consoles? It looks like it will fit perfect. Any suggestions or ideas?

I was planning on mounting some NMO style mounts on the front driver side fender for at least the BCT15.

CLTX11

Didnt notice the "Install Discussion" Thread. Can an Admin please re-locate this thread into its proper place?

Thanks

bigdaddyduke

Here is what I did with my 98 Suburban by removing the slave CD player. I am not happy with how mine lined up however with some tweaking it would look better. I made the brackets myself and was so frustrated that I gave up when it was "good enough".

Good luck

Attachments

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
What are you doing with my cd player?? LOL

I put my BCT15 and my pioneer cd player together and installed them in my 2003 silverado. The Pioneer is on bottom and the BCT15 is on top. I also have a larger opening I think than yours. I had a double DIN radio that was in there. I got a double DIN mounting kit and pit them in a few weeks ago.

It didn't go smooth as I am going to have to pull the dash board UP to see what's blocking the whole thing from going all the way back. I'm only hanging over maybe 1/2 inch but it's enough where the dash front won't fit back on right.

In the words of my wife "you and your stupid radios" LOL

I'll upload some pics soon.

CLTX11

I guess I can go ahead and try to mess with the CB. Ill want to try and fabricate some plastic to fill in the gap surrounding the radio

CLTX11

Ok, I took out the OEM CD player and removed all its guts. I now have just the housing of the CD player. I took some pics and was wondering if you guys could hlp with attaching the cd player in this housing. I know I will have to play with the measurements to have it where I can access the knobs easily. I can probably use the preexisting holes that secure the CB's housing. I was thinking about just using some plastic spacers to fill in the gap com in from th outside of the CD housing and into the housing for the CB? I will have to elevate the CB about 1/4 - 1/2 inch, it cannot just sit in there. I want to try and use this housing because it has the slide locks on the side so it will click in the area is supposed to be. Here are the pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.