• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

996 - No record audio out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianfoy

NWTSCL said:
Sir, you'd do well to live by your own words--especially when you dislike him so much that you feel you must spend your time creating free software to try to take away his business. If you have a problem with HIM, take it up with him PERSONALLY. Don't spew your vomit on us...
Hah! vomit.. too funny, thank you for lightening up the mood.

Because this notion is so darn silly let me just dispel this for anyone reading who may get the wrong idea, I don't dislike Gommert so much that I created free software to try to take away his business! I created my software for myself so that I could have features that were not being added (or not being added fast enough) to ARC. I then released it to others for free (for reasons relevant to this conversation but I refuse to bring it all back up again here) and that's the whole story. As for disliking him, that is an over statement, I don't like some comments he makes, but past that I have no idea if he is a cool guy or not and I save my dislike for people who prove they deserve it.

One more point of clarification, when someone here in NYC says "my bad" it's an apology. I think it comes from "I'm sorry that was my fault" shortened to "my fault" then slanged into "my bad". Sorry if that didn't make it though, while the Internet brings us all together it fails to carry our local vernacular ;) The apology was for speaking to all of you about it rather then speaking to him privately about it, my feelings on the matter have not changed and my comments still stand, they should just be standing in his inbox rather then here giving NWTSCL something to post about :)

brianfoy

DaveIN said:
Brian I assume you got your 996. So can we expect some software support for the 996 soon?

I think your first 246 and 396 offerings were admirable.
Hi Dave,

Thanks. I have not bought the 996 yet! I've been on the fence with a few people helping push me toward the buy side recently. I assure you once I have one in my possession there will be free advanced control software for it made available complete with audio recording and all the other features you used to in AVC246/AVC396.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.