996 - No record audio out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketNJ

Hi All,

Been playing with the Butel ARC Streamer software and my 996. The problem is I cannot get audio out of the record jack.

I've gone into the conventional and trunked systems I want to enable for record audio and set the system record option to all. No audio out of record jack.

Next I set each conventional channel and talkgroup to record enabled and set the corresponding systems to record selected. Still no audio out. The streamer software works fine using the speaker out.

I've tried adjusting the line in level on the Audigy 2 ZS to max and still no go (in case level out of record jack was low).

Can someone else test record out to line in on PC and see if you can duplicate my problem?

Thanks,

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I'm not sure what your problem is but OUCH "ARC-EazyStream Server registration is only $49.95". Only $49.95? It really isn't that hard to setup Shoutcast or Windows Media Encoder and those are free.

RocketNJ

yes, I know but I wanted to test it out. The main thing is the 996 has no record audio out.

I'm thinking of setting one up at our master site and connecting to the workstation PC on site, then I can monitor from my desk across the radio system network.

Height is might

K9GTJ

Dubbin said:
I'm not sure what your problem is but OUCH "ARC-EazyStream Server registration is only $49.95". Only $49.95? It really isn't that hard to setup Shoutcast or Windows Media Encoder and those are free.

But you can do text tags with the EazyStream.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
RocketNJ said:
yes, I know but I wanted to test it out. The main thing is the 996 has no record audio out.

I'm thinking of setting one up at our master site and connecting to the workstation PC on site, then I can monitor from my desk across the radio system network.

Height is might

The 996 does have record out mine is working.

Setting Up an Audio Recording Device or Computer
Recording
It is best if you plan ahead when you initiate the basic setup of the scanner if you
include the components to record incoming reception. You need only an audio
recording device which can be control by a Voice Operated module (VOX) either
externally or from within the unit and the correct connecting cable.
The REC jack on the rear apron provides a constant-level audio output which is
not affected by the setting of the volume control. Use a mono or stereo cable that
ends in a 3.5mm plug for the scanner. The recorder might have its own
requirements as to the proper plug Check the recorder’s instructions to be sure.
Connect the cable to an external or internal VOX control so that the recorder
activates when audio is present.
You can also connect the cable to the appropriate input jack on your PC so that
with controlling software, you can record to your hard disc.
In order for the function to operate, you must set the channel to record. You must
also set the system’s record option to either All Channel, which will record all
channels regardless of any channel’s setting, or Marked Channel which only lets
recording occur if you have selected record for that channel. Which you choose
will depend on various factors.

Setting the System Record Option

[MENU] -> Program System �->
-> Select a system ->
-> Edit Sys Option ->
-> Set Record ->
This setting controls how the scanner handles the record option for channels in the
system.
All Channel — The scanner sends the audio for all channels in the system to
the REC jack, regardless of the channel’s record option setting.
Marked Channel — The scanner only sends the audio for channels that have
the Record option turned on to the REC jack.
Off — The scanner does not send any audio from any channel in the system to
the REC jack, even if the record option is turned on for a channel.
Note for systems: In order for the function to work, you must set the channel to
record. You must also set the system’s record option to either All Channel
(which will record all channels regardless of the channel’s record setting) or
Marked Channel (which only records the channels you’ve set to record).

RocketNJ

I did set up my PC's line in port correctly. It works fine with input from the speaker out or other audio source.

As I stated earlier, I did try to enable record system-wide (record all) or channel by channel (record enable on channel then record selected in system). It still does not yield any audio out.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Try it on a NOAA Weather channel and see if it works.

Your not using an attenuating patch cord are you?

RocketNJ

straight 1/8 sub-mimi male to male stereo cable.

I got it working. Reprogrammed my profile in and it started working. I did check the settings through the menu key prior and the channels and system showed record was enabled.

Weird, just chalk it up to gremlins.

I did find the ARC Streamer software wants the run with it and the scanner at 19,200 baud rate. Seems to work quite well. Now to try Shoutcast :)

RocketNJ

Actually ARC Server does not show 115200 as a choice. I had both server and scanner set to 57600 but no tag info was showing in the server or remote client.

I just retested this. 115200 is not a choice in server software. 57600 does not work. 38400 or lower works.

Butelsoftware said:
The current 0.93 server release supports all BCD996T baudrates.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Last edited:

RocketNJ

While we're on the subject of the ARC Easy Stream...

Gommert, did you see my email regarding the client "issues"? Specifically, when minimized the "X" toggles between minimized or normal view. It does not close the program. You have to switch from minimized view to normal then click quit.

Almost all other Windows based programs use the "X" to close the app, "_" to minimize, and the square to maximize.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Butelsoftware said:
You totally missed the 'clue' of ARC-EazyStream...

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
Sorry but I find media encoder to be very easy to setup. I do however think that EazyStream is the ticket (other then the price) for people that have no clue on setting up a stream for their radio.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
RocketNJ said:
While we're on the subject of the ARC Easy Stream...

Gommert, did you see my email regarding the client "issues"? Specifically, when minimized the "X" toggles between minimized or normal view. It does not close the program. You have to switch from minimized view to normal then click quit.

Almost all other Windows based programs use the "X" to close the app, "_" to minimize, and the square to maximize.

This is the way it was designed as requested by beta-testers, use EXIT button or taskmenu to close the program.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

RocketNJ

re: closing the program - OK, that explains it. I don't agree, but at least it is not a bug.

I'm using version 0.91 for server.

Edit - the link to the server software is working again, downloading the new version.

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Dubbin said:
I do however think that EazyStream is the ticket (other then the price) for people that have no clue on setting up a stream for their radio.

I take that back now that I see that you still need to setup and pay for DNS software. I also agree that the X should be for closing the program.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Dubbin said:
I take that back now that I see that you still need to setup and pay for DNS software. I also agree that the X should be for closing the program.

Please before you post your opinions read the manual that came with the software, it includes links to FREE DNS software solutions.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Butelsoftware said:
Please before you post your opinions read the manual that came with the software, it includes links to FREE DNS software solutions.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

I did read it and I also went to every one of the links and from what I see you still have to pay for the DNS software after the demo time is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.