996 Not Staying on Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
When a 996 fails to stay on a channel, where the delay setting has been activated, does this mean the weather checker or close call is activated? The radio won't stay on the channel/talk group to hear the end of the conversation.

wtp

996xt

double check on the delay setting, if it is negative it will give a sound sample and then move on like you said.
there is negative and positive numbers so, -2 lasts for two seconds and will scan no matter what and with 2 will wait two seconds after the transmission ends.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
When a 996 fails to stay on a channel, where the delay setting has been activated, does this mean the weather checker or close call is activated? The radio won't stay on the channel/talk group to hear the end of the conversation.

It's not clear from your post, do you have a 996T or a 996XT?

As wtp mentioned, the 996XT has a negative delay setting available that could be causing the issue, but the 996T does not have that feature.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Since I'm helping a friend here, I found out which model. It is the 396XT. I thought he had the one I mentioned. When I went over to eyeball the radio, I learned of the model number and that he had the squelch cranked too high. Problem solved.

Last edited:

rbm

Check to see if Close Call is set on.

If Close Call (NOT Close Call DND) is activated, it will interrupt reception periodically.

Priority, Weather Alert, and Close Call all would cause interruptions in reception.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.