BCD325P2/BCD996P2: 996P2 Can't hang with the 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecEnduro9

Premium Subscriber
I have an issue where my brand new 996P2 with firmware version 1.06.00 can not keep up with my 436HP. When I have both units parked on the same active Roanoke City/County p25 talk group (so they are not scanning, just waiting for a hit on that talk group) the 436 will respond first most of the time or they will respond together. The reception is clear on both units and the signal strength it good on both units but the 996 will drop out for a second or so and pick right back up. Also it seems it looses the reception in the middle of a transmission because I hear something similar to a squelch tail and then the audio comes right back. All the while the 436 is talking with no problems.

The 436 is programmed with Sentinel and the 996 is programmed with Free Scan.

Just curious if anyone else has ran into this issue.

Thanks!

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
What are your ERR rates (FUNC, VOL) on the 436 and 996P2? The 996XT';s I have are horrible for simulcast decode compared to my 436HP.

Paul

safetyobc

Sounds like you may have weather priority or another priority feature enabled. The scanner will check for activity on the priority setting and interrupt your transmissions.

TecEnduro9

Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys for the input!

Safety: I think the WX priority was on by because I hit the WX key and it said WX priority OFF. So I think that solved one problem.

Paul: The error rates are running under 25. When the transmission is very short it stays at 0 and as they talk, it grows but hasn't gone over 25.

Buddrousa: I downloaded the firmware and can't get it to execute. I extracted it and ran the installer first and then the application but nothing happens. i have Windows 10.

ChrisAbq: I don't see where to manually change the threshold. I don't have my manual handy to look.

TecEnduro9

Premium Subscriber
I did manage to get the firmware to load onto the scanner and it appears to be acting just fine now.

Thanks for your help!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What I see with my 2 536's and my 2 996P2's scan the same systems and lock on the same signals now I have them scanning and logging different TG's and DMR systems of high interest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.