996P2 Conventional DMR with TG and SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWatkins

DMR that is "conventional" with listed single frequency CC, TG and SL

If you program as a conventional system there is only an input for the CC in the PL/DL and nothing available for the TG or SL

OR should this be setup as a single frequency DMR trunked system where I can enter the CC in a site and then make a group that will accept the TG and SL

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All DMR is trunked in the sense that user groups on the channel(s) are differentiated by their TGID. That said, there are some DMR channels that carry traffic for only a single group (only one TGID in use). In this case, you can just program it as a conventional channel. However, if you need to differentiate different TGIDs on the same frequency(ies), then it needs to be programmed as trunked. Either One-Frequency trunked (for non-MotoTRBO/Tier 3) or as a "MotoTRBO" for others.

DougWatkins

Thanks..that makes sense for those without TGID and SL

Where I have a TG, SL and CC how do I differentiate MotoTRBO or non...or should I set it up as a single DMR (I'm using Arc XT)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Depends on what it is. DMR Tier 3, MotoTRBO Connect +, MotoTRBO Capacity +, Hytera Trunking all should be entered as MotoTRBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.