996p2 DMR Motorola Connect Plus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm running dsd plus and I have all the frequencies in the dsd file twice. Do I need to do the same in the programming (proscan) software? First time programming a dmr system into an actual scanner. Any tricks, tips is much appreciated!

Here is the site I'm monitoring site 007 and the Lasalle county TG
Clear Talk (DMR 491) Trunking System, Areawide, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies

I see your other post regarding "996P2 is up and running and it works awesome on DMR."

So you are not entering in the frequencies twice. Correct? Scanner just needs one set.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I might have my terminology backwards but DSD displays logical slot numbers with each frequency having two slots.

The RadioReference Database and DMR scanners use logical channel numbers with one for each frequency. You only need to enter each frequency once.

To convert from LSN's to LCN's for your scanner, divide by two and discard any remainder.

Program site 7 exactly as it shows in the Database.

nick223

Feed Provider
I see your other post regarding "996P2 is up and running and it works awesome on DMR."

So you are not entering in the frequencies twice. Correct? Scanner just needs one set.

Yes. In the scanner I just added the one set of frequencies. Running dsd and the scanner and the scanner seems to be preforming well

Status
Not open for further replies.