996P2 ID Scan vs. Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
To clarify:

In "ID scan mode" I will only get hits from my programmed talkgroups. They will appear with alpha tags.

In "ID search mode" I will get hits from my programmed talkgroups, with alpha tags. However, I will also get hits from all of the other talkgroups that are on that same control channel but with only talkgroup id's showing on display.

In my particular case, On a daily basis I use scan mode. However, there is a new system in my area which I programmed specific talkgroups for. For the time being though, I want to get a taste of the entire system so I have it in "search mode" so I get to hear everything that pops up on that system.

Do I indeed get hits from everything on that control channel when monitoring this way?

marksmith

Yes.

You have correctly described the difference between search and scan modes on a trunked system. You should hear anything that is not encrypted.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Everything? I don't think so. The scanner will lock in on only one talkgroup at a time. If multiple talkgroups are being used at the same time your scanner will only receive one of the talkgroups.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
In ID Scan, the scanner will "lock in" only on programmed talkgroups (but only one at a time).

In ID Search, the scanner will "lock in" on all talkgroups, programmed or not programmed (but only one at a time).

The exception (beside encryption): if a talkgroup is locked-out/avoided, whether in ID Scan or ID Search, the scanner will skip over it (as in ignore it).

Status
Not open for further replies.