996P2--Speaker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs16

Premium Subscriber
I'm considering a 996P2. I need some quick info on a external speaker (considering Uniden only).

Would a BC-15 External Speaker be an upgrade over the internal speaker that comes with the 996P2?

(The manual for the 996P2 says it has a 3 inch internal speaker. The BC-15 also is listed as a 3 inch speaker)

Similarly, would the BC-7 (2.2 inch) be an upgrade over the speaker that comes with the 996P2?

Thanks for any info.

marksmith

The speaker in the radio sounds fine. I have both of the externals you mention, and except for the fact that the radio is bottom firing vs being able to aim an external, they are no better than the built in speaker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rs16

Premium Subscriber
The bottom firing setup is what got me looking into those externals.

Tech1

I purchased an external speaker from Radio Shack and it has a long cord attached to it, plus it has good sound. I got a good deal on it because it was on sale at the time.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC20 attached to my 996P2, I have it setting on the desk pointed at me which seemed to make a big difference as far as clarity, The speaker coming out of the bottom seemed a little muffled to me.

marksmith

I have the 996xt and 996p2 in a rack, and use a BC-7 speaker for each because they are rack mounted and the bottom firing speakers are not situated well.

I like them better than the BC-15 as they are half the size, sound just as good, and are a little cheaper if I remember.

I use a BC-15 on a rack mounted 996T, and don't find it superior to the BC-7 and it's size doesn't assist me in the setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I use a old "Motorola " external speaker on my 996P2 and it sounds much better than the under model speaker....

Status
Not open for further replies.