BCD325P2/BCD996P2: 996p2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjonesy99

Premium Subscriber
The previous system was simulcast, just analog using the same tower sites. Far as i can tell it’s the same sites as before only digital phase 2

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
to the best of my knowledge this does not mean it's a simulcast system. Both Baltimore City & Baltimore County where I live list their sites as Simulcast but only Baltimore County has that true Simulcast system that only the SDS can decode

True, the name of the site in the database is just that ... a name ... but the DB admins try hard to make sure the data is accurate (to the best of their abilities) so I'm sure they would look for evidence before just putting "simulcast". But any new 700/800 P25 system is almost certainly going to be simulcast because that's how those systems work; the days of "one big tower" in the center of a county are over.

It's also easy to verify that a system IS simulcast. Pull up the system (as suggested above) and click on the site name (i.e. Simulcast). That will bring up a page like this one:

One or more FCC licences will be listed (under Site FCC Licenses). Click on the link(s) and a page showing the tower locations and descriptions will come up, like this one:

The Clinton County system has 7 towers. That's simulcast.

And oh BTW, you are incorrect about Baltimore City. It IS simulcast as well. Six towers on one license and three on another.

sjonesy99

Premium Subscriber
I will say though that the trs info for clinton county ny in the database is the old analog system, I did manually program the new one.

sjonesy99

Premium Subscriber
yea windows sucks imo, guess ill wine it. all due respect but running windows anything is a huge pain , since i imagine i need an actual iso for that to work.
My reason for asking is because nowhere does it say how to enable separate fav banks in the manual, i did search this forum and what i got was basically use sentinel, as if theres no manual way to do that or no one knows

Last edited:

sjonesy99

Premium Subscriber
My whole reason for buying the 200 was the p2 system the county recently went to after years with an analog system. 200 has a steeper learning curve than most. Once you understand what youre looking at , it gets easier

Status
Not open for further replies.