996T/396T Update Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aechristen

Just some suggestions for future firmware.
Weather alert could use a volume setting like channel alerts.
If you could lockout or select multiple WX channels, you could reduce the delay in Alert Priority and scan efficently in non SAME alert.
The 396T could have display mode 2 (frequency instead of details) like the 996T.
Great scanners though.

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber

The 396T could have display mode 2 (frequency instead of details) like the 996T.

Did you try "Fnc + 5", maybe that's what your looking for ?

Another one for the wish list is too add another PC connector in the back of the 996 for permanent connection without having an ugly permanently wire in the front when use in desktop configuration and PC control mode ...

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Weather alert could use a volume setting like channel alerts.
If you could lockout or select multiple WX channels, you could reduce the delay in Alert Priority and scan efficently in non SAME alert.
Great scanners though.

I really like the suggestions ya have here, i`d really like the abaility to change the WX alert volume as well. If ya havn`t yet, see my thread concerning my wish/suggestion for an update to the Priority feature to hopefully make the priority function a bit more effeicent. Great ideas though. N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...voiting scan, now that sounds like a really cool idea. Curiously, just how would that work? I`d guess it would scan and lock onto the strongest signal in the system? I kinda like that, no more scratchy recption, `specially in the Ham bands and the PD freqs. Cool. :) N9NRA

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Well, I figured since it's a scanner with a strength meter- just combine the two functions for an additional feature. I've seen some higher end portabile radios that now have this option.

soupbones

With new models possibly coming out next year now fro Uniden I would not hold your breath on any firmware updates..

Status
Not open for further replies.