996T Current Firmware Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
I have a 996T with version 3.01.00 of the firmware and I need to know whether or not this is the current version. Can someone let me know please. I have done updates before but it has been a while back.

jackj

Same here, 3.02.00. You should be able to go to Uniden's web site and tell which is the current version as well as do your update.

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Well, I tried updating to 3.02 and it starts by saying "erasing" and then a window pops up that says "programming error". Whaetever it's doing, the scanner still works and the original programming is still there. Using COM 3 (only one in the box). Tried clicking the major update box and using the registration key and I still get the same error. Any ideas?

jackj

Read the instructions. I don't know what you are doing or what software/equipment you are using. If all else fails, try Uniden's FAQ.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Firmware

I have a 996T with version 3.01.00 of the firmware and I need to know whether or not this is the current version. Can someone let me know please. I have done updates before but it has been a while back.

I am using 3.02 also which is NOT a major update, so don't check the major update box. If you don't have the remote head it may not even be worth the effort as there really isn't much change other than for the RH.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.