996t delay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardfacer

Some of you might recall a earlier post regarding this issue that I never have really resolved. When scanning ny local mot type 2 smartzone system there is no control over how long the scanner delays on a tgid after a transmission. It usually resumes scanning and misses replies. Somthing that I noticed is the signal strength bars..on the control channel there are five bars but about every 5 sec they blink off, is that normal? This is true for all the sites not just the closest one. And to clarify all the priorities are off. Any input welcome and appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you check your hold/delay settings for the trunk? It's delay time on the system level, hold at the site level. I have them both set to zeros. I don't miss calls quite as much... 73 Mike

Bucko

On my 996 I set the Delay to 3 seconds for the system and hold to Zero for the sites. The delay will hold the TG for that period of time. The Hold will make the scanner dwell around on that system which will make it slow down in the scanning process if set more that zero.

DJ88

To set the delay time:
Tap Menu
PROGRAM SYSTEM should be highlighted - Tap E
SELECT SYSTEM appears
Scroll to that particular system and tap E
Scroll to EDIT SYSTEM OPTION and tap E
Scroll to SET DELAY TIME and tap E
Select 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (depending on how many seconds you want the delay) and tap E
Tap SCAN and your in business.
The scanner will hold on a talk group, after a transmission, for however many seconds you selected.
I have mine set at 4 and it seems to work good.

hardfacer

Guys I completly understand how the delay works thanks for the input, the problem is the delay setting does not work no matter how many seconds are set. This used to work fine I was really hoping somebody could answer the part of my queston about the carrier from the control channel dropping out could that be the problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.