996t firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebuff3255

Hi, I hope someone can help, but after beating my head and going around in circles. I have been trying to update my 996 to the latest firmware and it does not want to load.I am connected to the pc and the unit is registered. Unfortunately the firmware it has now is 1.03.11. I managed to get the vup file in but i cannot get any of the firmware updates to load. One wants to open with adobe and I cannot get it to change.I don't know if I waited too long to do this or what. Any thoughts would be a great help. Thanks

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
First you need to update it 1.04.12

then you need to register the scanner with Uniden first at uniden/com/my
get a registration key for that scanner (for changing from v1 to v2 or v3)

You only open the file INSIDE BCVUP you dont click it from windows.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Instructions from Uniden

If your scanner is at version 1.03.11 or earlier:

1. Download: BCD996T_V1_04_12.zip
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD996TFirmwareUpdate/BCD996T_V1_04_12.zip
and BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.zip
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD996TFirmwareUpdate/BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.zip
2. Unzip, then run BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.exe to intall the updater software. (If you previously installed a version of BC_VUP, be sure you delete the old install files before reinstalling. These files are in a "BCSS" directory.)
3. Unzip BCD996T_V1_04_12.scn and save it to a place you'll be able to easily find (like your Desktop).
4. Run the BC_VUP application. When prompted, select the BCD996T_V1_04_12.scn file you saved in Step 3. Follow all other on-screen instructions to complete the update. Since this is not a major update, no registration key is required.
5. Proceed to the next section.

If your scanner is at version 1.04.12 or later:

1. Log in at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area.
* If your scanner has not yet been registered, click on "Register a Product" and add your scanner, including its ESN and checksum.
* If you have previously registered your scanner, update its registration (if necessary) to include its ESN and Checksum.
2. On your "All My Scanners" page, click "Get V3 Registration Key" next to the scanner. Make a note of the key assigned to the scanner (it will also appear on your "All My Scanners" page).
3. On your "All My Scanners" page, click "Get v3.xx.xx Firmware." (This will not appear until you get a key.) Alternatively, you can download the udpate by clicking BCD996T_V3_02_00.zip and download the latest version of the firmware updater by clicking BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.zip.
4. Unzip both of the files you downloaded in Step 3 to your desktop. Then run BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7.exe to install the firmware updater. (If you previously installed a version of BC_VUP, be sure you delete the old install files before reinstalling. These files are in a "BCSS" directory.)
5. Run the BC_VUP application you installed in Step 4. Follow all on-screen instructions. If you are updating from version prior to V3.00.00 you must enter the V3 Registration Key when prompted. If you are updating from V3.00.00 or 3.01.00 to this version, you do not need to enter the key. When prompted, select the BCD996T_V3_02_00.scn file you unzipped in Step 4.

Notes:

* You must use the front port to apply all updates. The rear port does not work for firmware updates.
* This update is cumulative...it incorporates all improvements made in all previous updates.
* You must have applied the v1.04.12 update prior to applying this update.
* You must have entered your ESN and ESN Checksum on the My Uniden web site and received a Registration Key for this update. This key will not be the same as the key used for the V2.x update! If you have already applied version 3.00.00 or 3.01.00, you do not need the key to apply this update
* Most update problems are caused by serial port issues. See the troubleshooting hints in the Update

Taken from..
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD996TFirmwareUpdate

firebuff3255

I finally got it. Thank you. There was a couple of details that were not clear. 1st, I didn't need to put in a registration key with the first update,then after that, eveything else started to fall into place. 2nd, I should of read the instructions on setting up the scanner for the upload. O dopey me!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
No problem glad you got it working... it is a bit confusing if attempting on your own.. but works perfect when followed.

instructions? what are those for men dont read those =)
been guilty of that myself a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.