996t problem on franklin public saftey

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper21

Any one having issues with this system seems like lately my 996 won't do squat, it seems like when a TG comes up if flashes between the voice channel and control channel frequency never stays on the voice channel.. I get 3 bars of strength and it fluctuates when switching to voice... Monitoring Nashville it's 100% fine...

But I have PSR-600 right next to it on the little telescopic and it monitors it fine, not a single problem ...

Even tried the same telescopic antenna on the 996t with same problem... Really frustrates me..

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I have a lot of problems with the Franklin TRS with the Pro96. A lot of machine gunning. Especially north of Cool Springs it is suboptimal. Makes me wonder if one of their towers is not up and running yet or the simulcast is not well tweaked.

Similarly I can hear Nashville and Smyrna on the same radio in Franklin.

Any thoughts out their on whether this is an aspect of the 9600 baud vs 3600 Metro uses?
BTW I do have the latest DSP (1.4) installed.

viper21

It seems that they might have some kind of update or something because it used to be fine for me on the 996t...
This was before the uniden updates and the updates didn't do anything for this issue for me..

On my 996t it has good signal then no signal, and even holding on a voice frequency it will display the lnk and the p25 icons but very brief and I might get a sound for a second...

So now the my 996 is completely unusable for the franklin system, I've tried just about every setting even manually inputing the system with the same outcome..

When using the virtual control program in ARC the busy icon kept flashing in steady sequence .. But as stated every other system works fine...

I wish I knew, what was going on... Makes me want to toss the 996 and get another psr-600

KWs

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Ohio .. but .. is this a digital sytem ?
Make sure you have chosen the talkgroup ID as digital and not analog.
I had this problem in Sumit County OHIO. Using a 996 and Butel ARC software .. trying to copy talkgroup alpha information over from an analog stystem to a digital system, it copied the old analog info and identified it as analog. I received the "machine gun noise " on these TG's .. until I corrected the talkgroup to digital.

Hope this helps.

viper21

Thanks for the input , yes it's a complete digital system no mix mode or hybrid ..
There is no analog or digital options for the talk groups...

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I am using the Pro 96. Is there a way to set the TG's to digital on the 96?

viper21

click23 said:
Have you done the latest firmware update?

yes this was happening before and after the update.. thanks

doctree2 said:
I am using the Pro 96. Is there a way to set the TG's to digital on the 96?

yea I didn't look close enough,hehe .. but they are set to digital..

Works fine for Smyrna too which is an all P25, I took a little trip down 840 to test.. I don't know what is the deal is... Sucks cause I listen to franklin more than Nashville...

viper21

Well I got it to work by using search for Control channel when it stops on 868.9500 it works as it should, actually sounds better than the psr-600, and works with unitrunker as the voice radio.. But won't work when I goto program it either manually or the import from the data base here...

Status
Not open for further replies.