996t Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman74

Premium Subscriber
I have what is most likely a very basic question about programming this scanner. Using ARC996 I can program the frequencies/system I want. The problem is that after going through the system, the unit proceeds to start scanning through what seem to be pre-programmed banks starting with Public Safety, Ham, etc. I've tried just about every thing I can think of to turn these off. I'm using the quick keys. I know I'm missing something that's got to be very basic. I apologize if this has been covered before. I tried to search this site for info but I didn't find any, mostly because I really don't know how to phrase it.

captclint

Mentor
I have what is most likely a very basic question about programming this scanner. Using ARC996 I can program the frequencies/system I want. The problem is that after going through the system, the unit proceeds to start scanning through what seem to be pre-programmed banks
Welcome to RR. One way is to reload all of the systems into the scanner, but this time, check the box that says "Delete all systems first". Of course, you need to be sure that ARC has everything you want from the scanner first. If not, just upload the contents of the scanner.

jman74

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I went through and manually locked out each of the systems and it seems to be working. I tried to delete everything first, but the the banks kept showing up. I think I mis-spoke when I said preprogammed frequencies/systems. The scanner would scan what I programmed in then scan the entire frequency range in the Public Safety system, then the Ham system, etc., then return to what I programmed in and repeat the process.

captclint

Mentor
The scanner would scan what I programmed in then scan the entire frequency range in the Public Safety system, then the Ham system, etc., then return to what I programmed in and repeat the process.
I believe those are Service searches. In ARC, you can go to Sanner/config Editor. To be sure you capture all the scanner settings, click "read form scanner. Then click on the service search tab, and make sure they are all locked out. Then click the "send to scanner" Save this config for future use.
You can also do this manually: Easier to Read BCD996T Edit Service Search ,Which is what it sounds like you did.

Last edited:

jman74

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, now that you pointed out where in ARC that option is, I found it. I figured it out manually through trial and error. I'm sure it's in the manual, but for some reason I couldn't find it. I'm usually not that dense when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.