996t receive troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman312

Premium Subscriber
I recently bought a new uniden 996t scanner. My problem is that I hear other channels on the vhf . Its like the national weather service and other services on different freqs. I dont live close to any powerful transmitters, I am also a Ham raido operator, and I dont get this on any other of my radios. I am clueless.

af5rn

Does using PL help, or does it overpower the PL? Is the interference coming in loud and clear, or distorted? Is it coming directly through your scanner, or is it bleeding into the system repeater and retransmitting?

Sounds like you're probably closer to a powerful transmitter than you think. :lol: But there is also the possibility of simple IF ghost imaging. NWS stations are notorious for this, and you may have to get a notch filter for it.

n2mdk

It would help to know where you live and what antenna your using. Sounds like intermod to me, using ATT might help.

scanman312

Premium Subscriber
The antenna is the back of the set antenna. The closest antenna system to me is about half a mile away . I have a friend that lives about 10 miles from me and he also has a 996 and is having the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.