996T strange display

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Hi all.
I've had a 996T for several years. My database is probably 6 months old.
Hadn't used the scanner for a while, but I've noticed that when I'm scanning GATRRS, I get mostly Simul 1 and when it locks on a transmission, I usually get just an ID number.
It doesn't happen all the time, just about 50% of the time. The rest of the time, I get a name instead of an ID number

This question is for anyone in Austin that keeps up with this stuff better than I do.
Do I need to update my database with a new download? Has something changed in the past 6 months or so in the Austin GATRRS?

ilgrant

It sounds like the scanner has some ID's alphatagged (named) and some that are not. In that case I would update the scanner to get the ID's to display the names.

johngdoty

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Downloaded the latest database. Discovered there are still several TIDs that are not listed. Tried adding them manually as UNKNOWN so that I would at least see something, but for some reason the names didn't take. Still seeing the IDs on some of these. I may be picking up transmissions from surrounding cities which are fairly close to Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.