996T up and running with small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

claybarnes

Well, I have my 996T up and running and I must say it is a work of art with the exception of the stupid owners manual. It gave me just enough instruction to play with it on my own and figure the thing out. I'm listening to evreything I want. The only problem I'm having is the sound. It cuts out itmost cases you cant hear complete sentences, and there is a little distortion. I'm sure I've gotten a setting wrong. I've gone back thru the manual and the settings. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

rbm

It sounds like you may have priority, Close Call, or weather alert activated. They will all interrupt at fixed intervals to do their 'thing'.

If you use Close Call Do Not Disturb, it won't interrupt transmissions. It will only sample when no signal is being received.

LarrySC

I assume you are talking Motorola 800 digital. Common problem with these systems when radio cant get a good signal into the repeater. Look for an internal menu for audio quality. This is in the 796 and I'm sure its in the 996. I've had to adjust several in my area.

claybarnes

Audio Quality in 996T

Thanks Larry. I have checked close call, weather, etc. I did look around the various menus for something that resembled Audio quality. I will keep looking. Thanks again.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Hey Clay... make sure you entered the Jefferson County control channels for the Birmingham System. They're stronger in most areas. I know Bill and I both switched to them and it improved the audio quality greatly. You can still use the Birmingham talk groups with the Jefferson County control channels.

The software I was telling you about can be downloaded here:
http://www.uniden.com/index/downloads.cfm?product=BCD996T

That will make it a lot easier for you. I learned how to use the software first and that made it a lot easier to picture the setup because it's not like the old days of banks.

Shoot me an email if you need more help.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.