996T Utility Excel DMS / Degree Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, when I release the new geo-code functions in the database, we'll automatically do this for you as well.

(In fact, we are already doing this for FCC data on the backend)

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
Folks, when I release the new geo-code functions in the database, we'll automatically do this for you as well.

(In fact, we are already doing this for FCC data on the backend)

Thanks Lindsay...

My next question...

In a multi-site system it is clear that the FCC licenses are going to be a starting point for programming GPS coordinates in a 996T. I was playing the the San Mateo California TRS and it was educational to try and enter the LAT/LONG of the various sites via the licenses. Then I would use a 'drawing tool' to determine a radius for the configuration.

My first observation is that it is a bit 'challenging' to correlate the 'Site Name' on the TRS db page with the information I had to click through into the FCC license. So my request would be that you actually store the LAT/LONG for the individual sites on the TRS db page w/o having to click into the FCC license.

The next observation/question is what can we do for conventional systems and GPS coordinates? As Paul Opitz has alluded it is more important to get to the center of a geographical boundary. Can we store a 'center point' and a 'radius' for the various geographic boundaries within the db? We would use county boundaries for county services and city boundaries for city services...

Status
Not open for further replies.