996xt analog and apco 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKOTA4448

I just got my 996xt about two weeks ago went from a bc250d to the 996xt, My promlem is that I am scanning A motorala type two smart zone common air interface. This is A mixed system p25 and analog. It picks up the the p25 just fine but when it goes to analog I lose the conversation, Its like the 996xt is not picking up the analog part of the conversation. my bc250d well pick up both conversations but as you all know the 996xt has so much more, Any help would be Great Thx.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just got my 996xt about two weeks ago went from a bc250d to the 996xt, My promlem is that I am scanning A motorala type two smart zone common air interface. This is A mixed system p25 and analog. It picks up the the p25 just fine but when it goes to analog I lose the conversation, Its like the 996xt is not picking up the analog part of the conversation. my bc250d well pick up both conversations but as you all know the 996xt has so much more, Any help would be Great Thx.
Welcome, Dakota
Which system are you trying to monitor? post the database link, or give the name/location of the system.

If it's a mixed mode system, the system voice line in the database will say "Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface", like this one in my area.
If that's the case, make sure the system is set as a Motorola Type 2, not a P25 Standard system.

For the individual talkgroups, make sure that the audio type on the analog ones is set to either "All" or to "Analog". For the system I linked above, you'll see that the digital talkgroup id's are labeled with a "D" in the mode column, the analog ones tagged as "A".

If both of those items appear correct, then, if your using software such as FreeScan, you might post your system file for this specific system and let someone take a peek & see if anything else catches their eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.