996XT and programming radio IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble programming radio IDs into my 996XT, which does have the latest firmware (1.06). Following instructions, I have programmed a number of radio IDs into a talk group for a Motorola trunk system (Alameda County, CA). I pressed the ".no" first to bring up the "i" and then the five digit ID. The scanner does not seem to recognize the ID, even when I am parked on it and the channel is active (listening on another scanner). I programmed this directly into the radio, although I do have access to FreeScan. Any suggestions?

Dave
Fremont CA

bep

Premium Subscriber
I would use Freescan. There is no way I would deal with that radio without the software.
I sometimes have com problems communicating with the radio, but that is easier to deal with than programming.

W6KRU

I'm having trouble programming radio IDs into my 996XT, which does have the latest firmware (1.06). Following instructions, I have programmed a number of radio IDs into a talk group for a Motorola trunk system (Alameda County, CA). I pressed the ".no" first to bring up the "i" and then the five digit ID. The scanner does not seem to recognize the ID, even when I am parked on it and the channel is active (listening on another scanner). I programmed this directly into the radio, although I do have access to FreeScan. Any suggestions?

Dave
Fremont CA

You are parking on the radio id? What are you expecting to happen?

ID Tracker III

I use ID Tracker III to display labels for the UID's.

Since CT State Police have thousands of ID's and the 996XT can only accommodate 500, I had to go that way.

The ID tracker windows can be re-sized to give you a nice large screen display of the radio's activity.

Attachments

• UID1.jpg
    UID1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 425
  • UID2.jpg
    UID2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Dave
Fremont CA

You can't "Hold" on a Radio ID and listen only for that ID. Once you program it, you can Text Tag it, and instead of i12345 coming up, you'll see Engine 1 in the display. However, you can't "Hold" Engine 1 Radio ID and hear only those transmissions.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
You can't "Hold" on a Radio ID and listen only for that ID. Once you program it, you can Text Tag it, and instead of i12345 coming up, you'll see Engine 1 in the display. However, you can't "Hold" Engine 1 Radio ID and hear only those transmissions.

Thanks for the informative response. I thought I could do the latter. This is disappointing. Maybe the feature I'm looking for will be in a future firmware update. Thanks for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.