996XT and Wyolink settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallison

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,
I've got a BCD996XT and am using ARC XT Pro. I am trying to get Wyolink working correctly. I used the info download from RadioReference.com option and now sometimes hear WYDOT, but never WHP. I have a xts5000 that can hear the WHP traffic and they are communicating. but it is not being heard on this scanner (and before you ask its not encrypted). After much research I have found some settings I don't understand.
1. Under system "trunk system parameters tab". How do I figure out the "fleet map"? I know Wyolink is a system type 2. Do I need anything here?

2. Under sites - General tab - there is a check mark in control channel and the MOT bandplan is set for 800MHZ standard- only problem is WYOLINK is VHF and from reading the manual it says it needs a base frequency/lower and upper step and an offset. I cannot seem to find any information on where to get these missing values, or do I need to worry about them with the control channel checked?

I found some information on programming the Pro96 scanner but that information does not work in the 996XT as it doesn't allow for a 2.5Khz step in this model. Any help that can be provided would be most appreciated.

Thanks and 73's
Yancey Allison
N7RON

kallison

Premium Subscriber
Update - I do appear to be hearing some WHP traffic though it is very erratically. I have two sites programmed in so there should be no problem getting all the traffic, I have actually seen it scan both sites while there was traffic. So best guess is all traffic on Wyolink is not being reliably decoded.

Thanks,
Yancey Allison
N7RON

kallison

Premium Subscriber
Update 2, software bug in Arc XL Pro

I found the problem, but sad to say it is a software bug in the Arc XL Pro. In the MOT band plan the spacing does not give the option of 2.5. The smallest is 5 and this is not what is needed for Wyolink and many other narrowband trunking systems. Now for the good news; it is very easy to go in through the menus of the radio and update this option after loading all the other information in. For most sites in Wyolink the base frequency is 150.9925 MHZ with a spacing of 2.5 Khz. As soon as I fixed this setting everything started working correctly.

I will try and get a cross reference for all the sites in Wyolink and post it here as soon as I can

Yancey Allison
N7RON

Status
Not open for further replies.