996XT APCO 25 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachSmith

So, after much searching I could not find a thread that simply answered the question of how do I program the scanner with APCO 25 frequencies. The frequncies are the following, which I've never programmed or used in the past so I'm unaware of how they should be inputted into the scanner. And I'm sure I missed other questions similar, but I couldn't find them.

Heres an example of what the freqs look like.

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
4254 109e D PottCoSODisp Pottawatomie County Sheriff -- Dispatch Law Dispatch

I'm using Free Scan to program this and can't find anywhere to input these. Thanks for reading!

KE5BCP

Analog Man
So, after much searching I could not find a thread that simply answered the question of how do I program the scanner with APCO 25 frequencies. The frequncies are the following, which I've never programmed or used in the past so I'm unaware of how they should be inputted into the scanner. And I'm sure I missed other questions similar, but I couldn't find them.

Heres an example of what the freqs look like.

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
4254 109e D PottCoSODisp Pottawatomie County Sheriff -- Dispatch Law Dispatch

I'm using Free Scan to program this and can't find anywhere to input these. Thanks for reading!

That isn't a frequency, P25 or otherwise. It's a talkgroup ID.

Read up on how trunking works here:
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

ZachSmith

I actually did finally do more research and believe I have the system working. I didn't quite understand how the hell they were using those numbers before and kept thinking it didn't make sense. And it doesn't, because thats not how it works. Ha.

Sorry for the stupidity. The agencies I work with all just have the digital stuff programmed and working so this is my first experience actually having to know what the hell is going on.

ZachSmith

Actually, a follow up question here.

One county I programmed into my scanner has digital as well as analog freqs. So I created one system, named it the county, then added the site and groups for digital. Then I created another system with the same county name, and added the conventional trunking group/sit. Is this the most efficient way to do this? If there is a way to streamline it I'd like to do that to speed up my scanning capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.