BCD396XT/BCD996XT: 996xt assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselFF918

I need some help trying to get a 996xt from stopping on news frequencies.

I have a system stored for local police frequencies, however, when I try to scan on that system, it keeps stopping on news frequencies.

Is there any way I can stop this, without locking out every individual frequency?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe the answer is: when scanning in that service, hit F+L/O L/O

Yes that's no typo. If you do the L/O only once, it's disabled for only that session. It will come back once you power the scanner off, then back on. You must do it twice to make it stick

Mike

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Diesel,

How do you know they are "news" frequencies? By the actual frequency, or does it say "News" in the alpha tag? if it's the latter, the reason your scanner is stopping on those frequencies is because you have a service search enabled.

In order to disable service searches and ONLY scan what YOU programmed in you have to access the service through FreeSCAN or via the front panel knob. Please see this link for more info.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
MENU
SEARCH FOR
EDIT SERVICE
NEWS
SEARCH WITH SCAN
SET LOCKOUT
LOCKOUT

People are always activating Custom 4 or NEWS or AIR or whatever search things on my assignment desk.......I don't even know how to intentionally get them on! Anyway, getting rid of Custom searches is pretty much the same process.....very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.