996xt Codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thefish561

Does anyone have the orginal codeplug or programming from when they first go the scanner, I use freescan to program if that helps. I am in need of it badly..Thanks for any help

Thefish561

I was really trying not to do that since I really only need 2 of the systems that come programmed into it and would hate to have to reload all of my stuff into it, the 2 systems I was going to add are state systems and rather larger with numerous sites.

MarkWestin

Are you using a computer and software to program your 996XT? If so, just copy everything in the scanner to your software program and save everything to a file on your computer. Then you could reset and reload the systems, and then reload all your data.

Mark

I was really trying not to do that since I really only need 2 of the systems that come programmed into it and would hate to have to reload all of my stuff into it, the 2 systems I was going to add are state systems and rather larger with numerous sites.

This is what I would do:

1. Reset scanner to original program contents
2. Open FreeSCAN and choose New File
3. Download contents of scanner into the new file
4. Delele the files I do not want in the new file
5. Upload the new file in FreeScan into my scanner (remembering to select the "Erase All Systems and Settings" and the "Check All" options)

or I would do this:

after #1 above, I would use scanner merely be selecting only the systems (the System Quick Keys) I want to listen to, and turning off the other SQKs. And I might just assign my chosen systems to SQK numbers 1, and 2 or whatever (renumbering the original SQK numbers to some other number).

my 2 cents.

john98225

Hey, Thefish561 - did you ever get what you needed? If you still need the original codeplug for the 996xt, I have it on a FreeSCAN (.996) file. Email me at 4adam58 (at) john98225.com and I'll send it to you.

I saved my personal configuration, etc., initialized the memory, loaded the original Uniden goodies, and saved it as a .996 file in FreeSCAN. Then, from within FreeSCAN, I copied one of the systems to the clipboard, cleared everything, reloaded my original .996 file, and pasted the new system into it. It worked fine. You probably already did something similiar, but just in case you haven't, that's all you have to do. Or, like I said, email me and I'll send you the original Uniden codeplug.

Status
Not open for further replies.