996xt Control Channel Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyudurin

I need help guys! I have a 996xt installed in my vehicle, I travel in NC from Raleigh to the Henderson/Warrenton area. I programmed a new system with local VIPER talk groups. I programmed the control channel frequiencies for all the VIPER sites between Raleigh and the Virginia line, there are 12 total. When I'm in the Wake Forest area everything works fine but when I get up to the Henderson area I get nothing. It seems that the scanner is not scanning the control channels, it stays on 868.8375 which is the Bunn site in Franklin county. What am I doing wrong? By the way I'm using FreeScan for programming. Thanks for any help!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like you have all the desired ccs in one site. I would set up different sites with different control channels, and use a GPS to control the scanning (I'm sure someone in the NC forum could provide you with the correct coordinates). Otherwise you'd have to switch sites in/out manually.

The Uniden DMA FAQ should help you understand what is necessary. Read the Systems, sites and groups, multi site trunking, GPS and location based scanning articles all linked here (all links are blue)

Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

[edit] I would also take a look at this, particularly if you use Firefox...

Freescan GPS mapping- the RR Wiki

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.