996XT Firmware - anyone in VA done this yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
More specifically anyone listening to CQPSK Simulcast P25 systems like Hanover or Loudoun County? Have you done the firmware update and did it help at all?

freqhopping

I updated my 396XT and found the settings it came with to be better than the suggested settings. I never had any issues to begin with though.

W4UVV

Do you monitor any CQPSK / LSM Simulcast systems?
I monitor mostly tri-cities area and surrounding counties radio systems, i.e., STARS, federal, medical and other individual selected frequencies of interest. Previously I did not have any reception issues from any central Va. trs except when Hanover Co. changed to P25. Prior to converting I received their EDACS comms fine. After converting to P25 initial reception was choppy but understandable. The FD tg audio would be ok but the SO's tg audio was extremely choppy. I tried different audio setting values but nothing helped. The tech's subsequent system peaking and tweaking resulted in my no longer hearing Hanover Co probably due in part to antenna phasing. The next time I am mobile in Richmond I will check to see if the firmware upgrade made any difference on the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.