996XT help for Phoenix area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvision

Hello all,

I have been tasked to program up a pair of 996XTs for a local TV station in the Phoenix area. I have built groups and imported about every freq I could find. Unfortunately I am still unable to receive some departments the way the "Newsies" are used to in their old scanners. AJpd and Gilbert PD seem to come in. All the VHF stuff is working fine, but when I get to Phx, Tempe, and Mesa I have problems.

If someone has a moment would you look over my file and tell me what I need to do to clean it up?

A million thank yous to everyone on here with one of these. I feel like I have read every post on this box but I still can't quite get my head around some little part of it.

Oh, here is the page: Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies
Thanks again,

Ryan

Attachments

• BCD996XT 16-12-2009.txt
    178.7 KB · Views: 272

sjlamb

Hello all,

I have been tasked to program up a pair of 996XTs for a local TV station in the Phoenix area. I have built groups and imported about every freq I could find. Unfortunately I am still unable to receive some departments the way the "Newsies" are used to in their old scanners. AJpd and Gilbert PD seem to come in. All the VHF stuff is working fine, but when I get to Phx, Tempe, and Mesa I have problems.

If someone has a moment would you look over my file and tell me what I need to do to clean it up?

A million thank yous to everyone on here with one of these. I feel like I have read every post on this box but I still can't quite get my head around some little part of it.

Oh, here is the page: Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies
Thanks again,

Ryan

You need to attach this as some kind of readable file. ARC, FreeScan... something software based. Also would probably get a better response by posting in the Az Forum.

Are you using software to download the trunked systems of interest from the RR Database?

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference Nvision.

I converted the file from text to FreeSCAN .996 file extension and looked it over. Everything looks OK. Your using P25 Standard and ID Search, this is good. This is a CQPSK site meaning it's simulcast. You could be experiencing some multipath of signals, causing the system to be hard to receive from your location. See these Wiki entries: Simulcast - The RadioReference Wiki
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

You may need a directional antenna such as a beam to receive the "best" signal required to track the site of interest.

One additional thought would be to remove the frequencies from the APCO Band Plan table (make them zero) and let the radio collect the data from the control channel. This will assure that the correct bandplan is in the radio (This only works for P25 systems).

sjlamb

This is the basic file (FreeScan format) that you need to begin with. This is a big system and will require quite a bit of time to re-organize the file into a configuration that makes logical sense. If you are not using some sort of programming software to set-up these scanners with this trunked system; you got your work cut out for you but might be able to complete manual programming by the of the 1st Quarter of 2010.

Attachments

• PhoenixRWC.zip
    172 KB · Views: 102

Nvision

Thanks guys

Thanks guys! I am using the FreeScan software, I just converted the 996 file to text so I could attach it to the site.

I will try deleting the frequencies as Dave suggested. If that does not work I will try the other file.

I shall report back late tonight with an update.
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.