996Xt key pad lock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atane

Is there a way to Lock the key pad on one of my 996xt scanners. i somtimes carry the dog in the truck and it constantly steps on the key pad and messes up my programming. I have the scanner in between the seats so i can bring it in the house at night. An suggestions would be helpfull. thank you in advance.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I would suggest a plastic cover or something to K9 protect the face of the scanner or you may end up with just more than programming problems. Not a good way to spend a half a killobuck IMHO. :D

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'd have to agree.

And idk if you can lock the keypad on a 996. On the 396, push func and the power/light button.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
•Turn the scanner off.
•Press and hold FUNCTION while you turn the scanner back on.
•The scanner display shows Key Safe Mode On (or Key Safe Mode Off ), then returns to the operation it was performing when you turned it off.
•While Key Safe mode is on, MENU is disabled along with the key combinations described in the table below.
•When you try to use a disabled key combination, the scanner display shows Key Safe Mode. Press FUNC while Power On for Full Operation .
The table below shows which key combinations are disabled and which ones operate normally (depending on the operating mode the scanner is in):
See manual page

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD996XTKeySafeMode

Status
Not open for further replies.