996XT on backorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else notice the 996XT being backordered at their preferred vendor?
Mine normally has like 5-10 but none left for the last month.

A quick check of eBay shows only 1 for sale (because it's a ridiculous price $590).

Maybe just everybody bought them up for Christmas gifts (nothing wrong with that).

I'll check scanner master and others next

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Scannermaster shows in- stock so maybe it's just my vendor or SM had a lot of stock heldover from before.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
ScannerMaster must have just gotten them. They and Amazon were out from when I started checking for Santa in early Nov. until after Christmas. Had to refer him to some obscure (to me anyway) electronics site in NY, which I was sceptical of until I checked them out a little bit. Lucky for me they had a few, now I have one too!

jdacal

I ordered one from Scannermaster last night (Sunday) for overnight delivery. Its 11:00 PM Monday and I still haven't received a shipment confirmation. Hoping it shows up tomorrow anyway.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I saw a note saying they werent shipping the 996XT
until the 5th (today now)

"Orders placed between now and Tuesday January 5th will ship on January 5th."

Hmm this note is NOT on the 396XT or the 346XT or any other scanner I see... let the conspiracy theories begin. jk

I ordered one from Scannermaster last night (Sunday) for overnight delivery. Its 11:00 PM Monday and I still haven't received a shipment confirmation. Hoping it shows up tomorrow anyway.

jdacal

I just got off the phone with Scannermaster. Won't ship today either it is now backordered. The person I talked to told me they expected them tomorrow but sounded very unconvincing. Uniden site shows the scanner on "Waiting List" status. He mentioned nobody else has it in stock at the moment.

I saw that line about them shipping on the 5th as well, but I could have sworn that wasn't there on Sunday when I placed the order, maybe they were expecting them to come in today.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! That confirms what I thought even though it's says "in-stock" online the whole time.
Guess scanner master is keeping the "in-stock" listing on the site so more people order from them.

I'd ask them for free shipping you paid for next day now your waiting 2+ days more then that to even ship... They said in stock yet it's not true.

I just got off the phone with Scannermaster. Won't ship today either it is now backordered. The person I talked to told me they expected them tomorrow but sounded very unconvincing. Uniden site shows the scanner on "Waiting List" status. He mentioned nobody else has it in stock at the moment.

I saw that line about them shipping on the 5th as well, but I could have sworn that wasn't there on Sunday when I placed the order, maybe they were expecting them to come in today.

C

chip89

xt series

yea, i love mine, 590.00 plus overnight shipping. and i got the pro version software, works very well with radio reference.com, i live in ct, I got the whole state programmed, in less then 1 hr. anybody looking to get it, should deff get it, its not even like GRE no glitches just update the firmware, to get the id disp unit. and your all set.

jdacal

Whoot! I just got the shipping confirmation. Thanks Scanner Master, I am not worthy, I am not worthy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.