996XT per-channel delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Paul, I just set up my brand new BCD996XT scanner and was disappointed to find that Uniden did not include per-channel delay settings. We are still stuck in the stone ages setting delay on the entire system. This makes the negative delay less useful.

My Bearcat 250 had per-channel delay. My PRO-2005 and PRO-2006 had per-channel delay. Just about every scanner before these trunk trackers had per-channel delay. The GRE has it today.

If Uniden can incorporate per-channel alert tones and display color settings, why not per-channel delay? I'd gladly trade these for the delay feature.

I have two other 996T scanners, but I will just hang on to them and not upgrade primarily because of this oversight. The 996XT is a very nice scanner, but I think Uniden missed an opportunity here.

Please advise. I'm grumpy now. :-(

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Hi Bote,

I faced the same concern when I first got my BC396. Delay on the BCx96 line is by system. You can get around this by creating systems for channels with delay, and a separate system for channels without delay. These systems can then be related to the same quick key.

I agree that a per channel delay would be better, but once you get used to the changed ways of work, it is not that bad.

--Joe

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
That's the crappy work-around that I'm now using in certain cases.

But, Uniden--come on! It's 2010 already. Spend some memory on a very useful feature that was taken away from us. Time to give it back.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Feature request: 996XT per-channel delay

A knowledgeable beta-tester for Uniden had me check to see if I could set a delay on a conventional channel, since I had only programmed a couple trunked systems on my new BCD996XT so far.

Nope, conventional channels still have to set the delay for the entire system.

I'm thinking that this feature might be held in a patent by GRE since the PRO-2005 was a GRE product and it had a delay setting for each channel, but the BC780 and others in the Uniden line do not. Even my ancient Bearcat 101 had a delay switch that affected all 16 of its whopping channel capacity. That would really stink if so, modern scanners stuck with 30 year old technology. I wonder if Paul could even be permitted to comment on this publicly. Rats.

At least it has the per-channel volume offset, which is great for important talkgroups that you should never turn all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.