996xt Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillB

Been looking for a 996XT to buy. Whats a good price to pay? Seem to be a bit of a variance in price. I figured they would have come down some since the 536 came out but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Boatanchor

Supply and demand my good fellow, supply and demand..

Some people want a product that is tried and tested and without (too many) 'issues'.

copperhd

Premium Subscriber
I looked for more than a year before getting mine, the prices are pretty much the same anywhere you look. If you find one at an unusual low price be sure it is from an up & up dealer that will stand behind their products or you may get scorched! The best way to save on these models are to look at 1) shipping costs 2) supplied accessories such as software & supplied cables (usb vs serial port). Look at the whole description, they vary from place to place on what you will get.

kma371

QRT
Been looking for a 996XT to buy. Whats a good price to pay? Seem to be a bit of a variance in price. I figured they would have come down some since the 536 came out but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Average i've seen is around $400

WillB

Picked up a year old one for 345 off of Ebay. Didn't think that was to bad.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

JamesO

$300 for a decent used one seems to be a fairly consistent price. At that I would expect to have all accessories with the scanner.

At Radio Shack stores that stock the 996XT, it should be $369.97, online for Radio Shack, they are going for $499.99!

So you must find one in a store and ask for Product Number 200-0621.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

The BCD996XT has come down a little bit in price because of the newer models that have hit the shelves, but the 996XT is still pretty much the best radio out there on the market right now unless you need Phase II TDMA for receive. If you don't need it then I would buy a 996.

Too many hardware issues related to the new 536 model. I got a brand new 996XT on Amazon one day for 320.00 bucks NEW. You can catch some great deals sometimes. You just have to hit at the right time

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Since the 436/536 came out, I've seen the 996XT on sale/clearance in several Radio Shack stores. Regular price was $400; reduced by $100-120. I suspect they may be getting ready to carry the 436/536 soon.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
BCD 996XT

After losing an auction on EBAY for a 996XT going for $290, I bought a used one locally for $280. Afterward, I was offered a second chance ($286)on the ebay auction as it seems the high bidder couldn't pay. I wonder if he only bid to get the price up. LOL

pepsima1

Banned
Since the 436/536 came out, I've seen the 996XT on sale/clearance in several Radio Shack stores. Regular price was $400; reduced by $100-120. I suspect they may be getting ready to carry the 436/536 soon.

Wouldn't you suspect Whistler instead of Uniden since the website already has pictures of the new radios on their website. There is nothing new about Uniden getting ready for their new models. Plus the BCD536HP has hardware issues that still have not been addressed and no app. Radio Shack is not going to carry a radio that promises features that are not available for their consumers.

scanner92us

Wouldn't you suspect Whistler instead of Uniden since the website already has pictures of the new radios on their website. There is nothing new about Uniden getting ready for their new models. Plus the BCD536HP has hardware issues that still have not been addressed and no app. Radio Shack is not going to carry a radio that promises features that are not available for their consumers.

So how do you know what radio shack is doing?

pepsima1

Banned

tou·ché

/to͞oˈSHā/

exclamation

exclamation: touché

(in fencing) used as an acknowledgment of a hit by one's opponent.

•used as an acknowledgment during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one's expense by another person.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. RadioShack does not have a "West Coast" buyer. I think pepsima1 was being clever, not good. :)

harrisfb

Found a new in box one at Radioshack last week for $262. Bought it immediately. (pics to prove it if you really want.)

A week earlier I was in that Radioshack to see if they had any 996xt around and what the price was. I want to say it was around $350 at the time, substantially less than the $499 on radioshack.com or $399 on amazon.

I figured I would think about it and check craigslist and ebay for good deals in the mean time. At the end of last week I came across someone selling a pre-owned on craigslist for $275 and I made plans to pick it up that night.

I was bored at lunch during that day and figured I would check that same Radioshack again to see if they still had it at the same price.

I was shocked to see it there marked as clearance for $262.47. Unbeatable deal.

Sadly it is no surprise why Radioshack is not doing well and closing stores, when they are moving such expensive and desirable products to $200 off. I'm not complaining, but confused how they are still a viable company.

TGP

Premium Subscriber
396 xt's refurbished are priced Comparable to that at the Uniden site.
New there still holding there price.
I just got a 436hp for $549.

That's a Great Buy on your XT.
Tom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.