996xt Priority ID scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Question about how priority ID scan should work with a trunked system. I have the trunked system set as Priority ID scan and talkgroups defined with priority on. I have the scanner set to Priority scan on. I do not get any priority hits on these takgroups. I have other conventional channels that have priority set and do get hits. I thought it might be because I had the trunk system set to ID search so I made a copy of the system and set the copy to ID scan and only put in the priority talkgroups. I have had hits on the talkgroups on the original id search system? I must be missing something? This is a motorola type ii smartzone system and I have tried with status bit on/off.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Confusing I am looking at all the literatrue and the way most places advertise the scanner features and see

Priority ID scan
Now you can include trunked systems and ID's in your Priority settings. You are no longer limited to conventional channels for Priority.

Preemptive Priority on Motorola analog systems
When scanning Motorola trunked systems you can set a channel (talkgroup) to Priority to force the scanner to go immediately to that channeleven when the radio is already engaged on another voice channel.

as well as numerous forums postings wikis etc

This is a digital Motorola system if that makes a difference? The article mentioned above doesnt mention either analog or digital so I assume both?

Now to wrap my head around this properly after reading so much conflicting information. I can include priority for non morotrola trunked systems and it will work in conjunction with conventional?

If the morotorola system analog/digital does not have system priority assigned (how would you know) then it should be priority id scan not preemptive but only works when scanning that trunk system and not with the scanner priority scan.

And either way the trunk system needs to be set ID scan not search?

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
ID Scan/search won't matter. The feature works with Motorola systems only, not P25 systems.

In general, you won't know if the channel is assigned priority on the system itself (unless you notice the feature working)...but if it is not assigned priority, then it will never show up on the voice channel's subaudible data, so there is no way for the scanner to know that the channel has become active in order to preempt the current transmission.

Not knowing what system(s) you are specifically talking about, I cannot provide more specific info.

Status
Not open for further replies.