996xt scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxco

$365 flat in unopened box a good deal? I need to know asap, thanks!

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
yes if shipping is free, otherwise shipping could be 15-25 dollars more.

I have seen prices range from $295 to $499. I have noticed that the 996xt prices have not dropped much since the latest Uniden's came out.

Look around on E-Bay and Amazon. They have been the best deals when they have them. It just varies and depending when and where one looks.

imo: I would go for it while it is available

Good Luck

Jaxco

It's in person and I went ahead and bought it. Going to read the manual a couple of days and see if it is for me, if the prices are high enough on ebay that I can flip it without a loss before opening the box.

Jaxco

I meant I'd read it 'online' just forgot to add that detail. LOL

SCPD

QRT
Check the posts about it being on clearance at Radio Shack. You may just get lucky and get a new one for allot less. There are a few of us on the board that did that and I am very happy with my 996. It's a little bit of a learning curve from the RS PRO, GRE series digital ones, but with free software available programming is a snap.

Good luck!

Jaxco

Thanks! While I am sure I will end up using software to program it initially, I'd love to learn the proper syntax to program the trunked 700 and 800 systems here in SC. Right now, I am clueless on setting up groups, etc. I suppose if I saw a flow chart or diagram of a system like that in addition to written instructions, I could get the principle quickly.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Freescan?? He's got a Mac. Anyway it CAN be programmed manually I have done it and I am completely new to digital scanners and managed to do it myself instead of Freescan. It can be done and if you dont want to sit there for hrs doing it all night I did a chunk at a time and add new frequencies as they come up so its no big deal. As to the first post YES that IS a good deal and glad you did end up getting it. I got mine at an amazingly low price and would not have gotten it otherwise. Good for you- hope you keep it and not "flip" it as you first thought about.

teufler

here is a Freescan file, 2.17, you will need an unzipping utility as RR requires files to be zipped. From the thread, it says you have a mac. I missed that , the file is a windows based file. you will need a computer that has a serial port , a computer that has a serial to usb converter or you have bought a usb to 396xt cable that is an option. All of these steps, are only done once so the learning curve has a minor step at first.

Attachments

• north agusta sc.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 8

Jaxco

Thanks deviler... lol No mac here and I appreciate your kind efforts on my behalf!

Status
Not open for further replies.