996XT scans but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
Greetings all, been a while since I've been back for help on this forum, but here it is: 996 has been scanning like it should, but now it only displays the frequencies programmed and acting as if I don't have an antenna connected....I do have a discone in the attic.. All connections have been checked.. My fear is someone in the family may have pushed or turned the wrong knob trying to shut it down without my knowledge...I could do a factory reset I guess, but do not wish to loose my set-up.. Oh yes, It does pickup an FM station when first turned on and then I lock out..Any clues??? Tried to keep it short...thanks...

krd400

The first thing you should do is back up your entire system(s) to your computer using Freescan or whatever software you might have. That way you can restore your settings if you must reset the scanner.

So when you say it's acting like you don't have an antenna connected does that mean you see it just scanning or searching and not stopping on anything? I would check to make sure your systems, sites, TGID's that you monitor are not locked out. Check out this link to "Locking/Unlocking Systems in Mark's Easier to Read manual" : Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual,

bilmont2203

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for response. Yes it just cycles around in scan mode, not stopping at anytime for anything.

Am running ARC-XT-Pro, and do have the Nifty Mini manual and now have good reason to study it more carefully.Have copied radio systems to the program...xt-pro does allow me to delete the system set-up and connect with RR re-install new data....bottom line would be for me to check for system lock-out..It could be the culprit..will check out the "easy to read"...I'm sure that will help..will keep you informed on the problem solving, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.