996xt Trunk Issue-HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

I am still fighting with this unit.. here is the issue i got a yagi antenna and now i can get stations 40 miles out and more, but when i go to scan or search the system i get "nothing to scan" now when i go to the systems by pressing hold and then function to get the list and use the dial to get to that same system, i hear the control channel, then it translates to dispach or whatever, then i can hear conversations and i get two to five alternating signal bars. i can system hold and stay on one talkgroup ID lets say fire 1 and everything works, but i cant scan the entire system at all.. Nothing to scan. Please help, I have been through the FAQ's and cant figure this out.. Its not that much fun.... Thanks FOR EVERYONE WHO HELPS

Also i can quick key? systems S0 1234567890 but how do you activate S1 ************* and so on????

Thanks
Brett

sjlamb

"Nothing to Scan" means that you have disabled all of the systems you have programmed into the scanner. In other words; you have the scanner set to scan NOTHING. Use your assigned Quick Keys to turn on at least one programmed system.

brusso99

i dont understand completly... I have to have all the systems quick keys off then i select one system i want to hear. It works great, Then i press the function button and scroll through the list of other systems and pick one and it says nothing to scan.. but if i pick ham radio or whatever those band scans work,, why do i need to turn on a system with a quick key if im selecting it from the scroll list..

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
Different kind of quick keys

First you must assign Quick Keys to Systems (conventional systems)
These are system quick keys - represented as SQ in display
Also you can assign system quick keys to trunking systems but in a different way. Usually in the Trunk Sites area SQK per Site of the trunk system.

You can have multiple groups of frequencies under one system each with it's own name
These quick keys are group quick keys represented by GRP on last line of scanner display.

In trunking systems group keys assigned to system ID groups

Example
System = Suffolk County(1) SQ 1*********

Pol(1)
Fire(2)
Medical(3)
Detectives(4)
Misc(5)
SQ 1*********
GRP 1234******

To turn systems On/Off (0-9) press number
To turn groups On/Off (0-9) Press Function + # while scanning that system

You can have up to 500 Systems with 500 System keys.
You can have 20 groups per system but only 10 group keys (0-9)
so you would assign 2 groups to on group key.

To access Groups above 9 Press (.No) key and the the number.
Exampe to turn on system 25 Press (.No) key the 2 then 8
Each group can have a 1000 frequencies !
Hopes this helps

Last edited:
I, at one time, had set up all my Site quickKeys and Group QuickKeys only to have had all the groups on lockout (dummy). When I would turn a group on by the QK, even though it showed it was on it still had "nothing to scan". After I unlocked the groups, everything worked as it should (duh). Sometimes I don't know how I do this to myself. Keep working on it brusso99 you'll get it, I did, and if I can do it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.