996xt update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
trying to do the update foe the 996xt, problem is you are to hold the L/O SCAN AND 6 BUTTON at the same time when turning on the scanner/ after scanner turns on the diplay is to be blank, well mines is not it goes right in scanning, even had my son hold two of the bottons and still no go

any idea would be helpfull

swstow

Premium Subscriber
thats ok i think i f**k it up now, now the screen is blank and flashing red and blue

click23

Premium Subscriber
trying to do the update foe the 996xt, problem is you are to hold the L/O SCAN AND 6 BUTTON at the same time when turning on the scanner/ after scanner turns on the diplay is to be blank, well mines is not it goes right in scanning, even had my son hold two of the bottons and still no go

any idea would be helpfull

From unidens wiki:

"Update Troubleshooting
Follow these tips to troubleshoot any update problem you encounter: * When prompted, be sure to turn off the scanner, remove the batteries, and hold down both the L/O and 6 buttons while plugging in the AC adapter. The backlight should come on and remain on until the end of the update.
If an error occurs during the update, simply repeat all steps, including removing power, holding down L/O and 6, and plugging in AC power. Even if the backlight is already on, you need to repeat this step if you restart the update.
Almost all update error messages or faults that result in the scanner powering up with a blank display the the backlight on after the update are caused by:
Incorrect COM port selection: Be sure you have selected the COM port that the scanner is plugged into.
COM port software conflicts: No other software can be running that uses the COM port. Be sure to close any running scanner control software. Also, if you have ever used a PDA with this PC, there is probably synchronization software running all the time that takes over the COM port. You can usually stop that software by right-clicking on its icon in the lower right side of your PC screen, then selecting "Quit" or "Exit."

If your PC does not have a COM port, you can use a USB-->RS232 adapter. Uniden sells such an adapter specifically for this scanner (Model USB-1). Or, you can use many other adapters that are available at computer retailers. Note that some adapters do not work, or require updated drivers. Uniden only supports the USB-1.
Interruption during the update.
For all of the above conditions, you can restore normal scanner operation only by successfully applying the update. Restart the update from the beginning and ensure that you've followed all steps correctly."

Other than that, did you remove the batteries?

swstow

Premium Subscriber
ok did all that it seems i lost the entire memory in the scanner it just flashes red / blue with a blank screen
the only erroe code was at the end of the update when irt said ift fail do to baudrate but the scanner went wacked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.