A 'Bama LOL Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmax

A few days after the UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE won their championship, a couple of months ago, I was listening to the Jackson County Departments about 2:00 o'clock in the morning. Pascagoula came over the air that the Alabama Highway Patrol AND Mobile County S.O. were in pursuit of a speeder with Alabama tags on I-10 and were about to enter Mississippi and asked permission from Jackson County to cross the state line and continue the pursuit. (It was granted, of course). Then, they said the speeder turned off on Hwy 90 and was heading West towards Pascagoula at 100 MPH. Jackson County S.O. happened to have a unit near Hwy 90 and was about to lay spike strips, while Pascagoula P.D. scampered to block / divert traffic at major intersections to preclude the speeder from crashing into vehicles crossing 90. (By now, I was also scanning Mobile County.) After a couple of minutes, Mobile County S.O. reported that the speeder finally pulled over. Pascagoula passed the word that the chase had ended and the speeder was in custody. THEN, out of nowhere came a deep, slow, Southern voice from an unknown Pascagoula unit, saying: " ROLL TIDE ".

It was definately an LOL moment to hear that policeman say that, at such an appropriate time, and, thought it was worth sharing.

KE5TLF

LOL nice. Thanks for sharing and that and welcome. :D
Should try listening to some PC calls sometime if you can. Talk about some LOL moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.