A beginning "shack"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Well it's not much for now, but it does the job... I'm thinking about getting some speakers for them, and making it a bit more cleaner / easier to listen to...

In the picture, a Uniden Bearcat BC92XLT for monitoring a nearby city, and my city...
Uniden Bearcat BCT-15 for a city and the college services (police and EMS)
The Icom ICV8 is for my Rescue Squad, and it also monitors ones in the same dispatch area to see if i'll be called in...

Not shown: BC246T (Monitors the major agencies while i'm out and about)

As for the antenna, it's just a Radio Shack 20-176 G-P, which does wonders for me... I wish I could get it up higher...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
hoser147 said:
Nice start is your shack at work, just noticing the gas pump in the background of the anteena pic................Hoser

Nah, I happen to be lucky enough to have my apartment overlooking the gas station... hopefully this summer that will change

xpawel15x

I like it, nice and simple. What is that outdoor antenna and how is it performing for you?

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
xpawel15x said:
I like it, nice and simple. What is that outdoor antenna and how is it performing for you?

It's a Radio Shack 20-176 G-P, about 25$ from radio shack...

Surprisingly it's pretty good, I'm somewhat on top of a hill with a clear view over some of the cities, and I can pick up a lot of stuff really clear, + Plattsburgh NY which in terms of radio site, probably 30 - 40 miles away....

My goal is to get it good enough to pick up Montreal (80+ away)

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Winooski eh? What a great area! My family is from the Lake Champlain Islands (Alburgh to be exact)

As for the scanners, Nice set up!

slypx

Quebec DB Adm
Premium Subscriber
MrRevesz said:
...My goal is to get it good enough to pick up Montreal (80+ away)

When you get your gear in place, let me know if you need frequencies from the Montreal Area ! Be aware, it is mainly french speaking in the province of Quebec ... It's good for praticing your french !!

Nice and sober instalation but something's missing ... oh ya, a flower in the pot !

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Asmitty0010 said:
Winooski eh? What a great area! My family is from the Lake Champlain Islands (Alburgh to be exact)

As for the scanners, Nice set up!

I'm familiar with Alburgh, there's an old missile silo there, well base....

slypx said:
When you get your gear in place, let me know if you need frequencies from the Montreal Area ! Be aware, it is mainly french speaking in the province of Quebec ... It's good for praticing your french !!

Nice and sober instalation but something's missing ... oh ya, a flower in the pot !

Thanks for the offer! Haha, yeah i'm trying to grow a few flowers, we'll see how that goes

k9rzz

Nothing wrong with a 'stealth' setup. Keeps 'ya tuned in without any hastle from the elements or the neighbors.

xpawel15x

MrRevesz said:
It's a Radio Shack 20-176 G-P, about 25$ from radio shack...

Surprisingly it's pretty good, I'm somewhat on top of a hill with a clear view over some of the cities, and I can pick up a lot of stuff really clear, + Plattsburgh NY which in terms of radio site, probably 30 - 40 miles away....

My goal is to get it good enough to pick up Montreal (80+ away)

30-40 miles with that antenna is pretty impressive...

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
MrRevesz said:
Nah, I happen to be lucky enough to have my apartment overlooking the gas station... hopefully this summer that will change

I'd love to have that "view".

"What? Out of beer again? Sigh..." then wander over for another 12 pack. "problem solved."

Not to mention you get a front row seat to the action if you hear the place being robbed on the scanner. :D

-AZ

SCPD

QRT
AZScanner said:
I'd love to have that "view".

"What? Out of beer again? Sigh..." then wander over for another 12 pack. "problem solved."

Not to mention you get a front row seat to the action if you hear the place being robbed on the scanner. :D

-AZ

Another advantage. He can take a look out the window and keep track of gas prices! If it is going up $.75 USD this year, we need someone to look every 4 days minimum, huh?

radiopro52

xpawel15x said:
30-40 miles with that antenna is pretty impressive...
I have the same antenna and can listen to police from a city about 70 miles away in 150 MHz, and it's mounted on a 20 foot pole. If only I could get that far in 400 or 800 MHz...

To the TC, that BCT15 looks pretty nice. I may buy one later to replace my PRO-2052. Is it a pretty good radio for the money? I don't have any digital frequencies here so I think the BCT15 would be a great radio for me. Is it hard to program?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
MrRevesz said:

Actually, I'd love to sit out on that porch, drinking a cold one, and watching the action.

There is always action at a gas station. :cool:

peterjmag

blantonl said:
Actually, I'd love to sit out on that porch, drinking a cold one, and watching the action.

There is always action at a gas station. :cool:

I'm on the 4rth floor at my dorm and I have a nice plain view of a gas station across the street. Like you said, it can be very entertaining. LOL!

peterjmag

Mr. R.
How do you like the Icom V8? I though about trying one out. How is the audio and sensitivity etc. Cool shack BTW! Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.