BC346XT: A/c Power Adapter ??? for the 346xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Greetings again folks I just bought a 346xt off of ebay it does not have the org A/c adapter so I did what the Wiki page on here said to do,So went to Radio Shack and bought a 6 volt 800ma with the B tip, now I keep reading different things on here that says don't use a aftermarket adapter on these radios, if So my ? is can you use the RS one or should get the uniden one, The radio will be here on Wednesday I hope and don't want to break it by using the wrong adapter.

Thank You Folks For All The Help You Give

MarkWestin

The original AC adapter is the Uniden AD-1001 AC Adapter. It is available at most dealers including ScannerMaster and HRO for about $25.00 plus shipping. The Radio Shack adapter is probably OK to use but it could produce electrical noise (if it is a switching power supply) since it is a generic power supply. The original Uniden AC adapter is a switching power supply, but since it is designed specifically for use with a scanner it has filtering to reduce or eliminate the electrical noise. As for what the previous poster said about the Eneloop batteries and the Maha charger, I agree totaly with them. I own three of the MH-C9000 chargers and a large number of the Duracell rebranded Eneloop "precharged" or "low self discharge" batteries which I am very happy with. I also never charge batteries in any of my scanners. I almost always use the original Uniden AC adapter(s) when using my scanner(s) in my home and they run virtually continuously.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.