A charger that charges only 3 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldglide

Does anybody know of a charger that charges 3 batteries at a time instead of the normal 2 or 4? 396T battery thing. I refuse to charge batteries in the unit.

talkpair

Thanks for the links.

It seems more and more battery powered devices are using an odd-number of batteries nowadays.

All the chargers I own are for an even number of batteries

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
I picked up the LaCrosse charger a couple of months ago... GREAT unit. Analyze, rehab, charge, etc. all in 1 relatively inexpensive unit. Does AA or AAA, from 1 to 4 at a time - and you can do a different function on each battery.

Danny6569

batteries

Try the energizer 15 min charger, you can put 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 in that charger, i usually charge 3 at once, you dont have to put all 4 in it.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I usually use my 396XT with a 12 volt cord, but I am tempted to get one of the chargers mentioned here.

SCPD

QRT
I personally recommend the Maha C9000 that has been described above.

I have been using this charger for a few years now and it is wonderful. You can charge single batteries and I like the discharge / analysis feature as well.

Attachments

• mhc9000.jpg
    mhc9000.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
K

kb0nly

X2 on the Lacrosse BC-700, or the BC-900 if you want a little more speed... The 700 has charge rates of 200ma, 500ma, and 700ma... The 900 model adds 1000ma rate and also 1500 or 1800ma when charging a PAIR.

In my opinion the extra cost of the BC900 isn't worth it unless you like burning up batteries. Low and slow is the best. I will sometimes toss a pair in at 500ma or even 700ma, but most of the time i just let it charge them at 200ma.

I have a 396T and four sets of Tenergy 2600mAh batteries from BatteryJunction.com along with my BC-700 make it painless.

j3nitnweed

I use Rosewill model RGD CT505, it will charge 1 to 4 AA & AAA rechargeable and regular alkaline batteries. Found it on Newegg.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Another option is Maha Energy's MH-C401FS. It can charge 1-4 AA or AAA NiMH Batteries. It also has a slow or fast charge switch.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

ArgoGirb67

Try the energizer 15 min charger, you can put 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 in that charger, i usually charge 3 at once, you dont have to put all 4 in it.

Ive been through several CH1HR-2 (Energizer 1 hr,1-4 batts.)I was sent a 15 min charger as a replacement(lifetime warranty) .I find it wont charge many bats.Also with one Led,you must get voltmeter out to determine which didn't charge.(it will charge the other batts.when flashing)I put the "bad"cells in the 1 hr charger and they charged fine.I find the 15 min charger doesnt charge completely,I only get about 3-4 hrs from 2450 mah cells,8+hrs use when charged in 1 hr charger.If you buy energizer KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!,call the 800#,mail it in(i keep the batts,have a bunch now)
Dave

Dewey

{SNIP}
In my opinion the extra cost of the BC900 isn't worth it unless you like burning up batteries. Low and slow is the best. I will sometimes toss a pair in at 500ma or even 700ma, but most of the time i just let it charge them at 200ma.
{SNIP}

You piqued my curiosity with this statement. I've been using the Maha MH-C9000 since it first came out. I always run my brand new batteries through the break-in cycle before I put them in service, and it seams to really help. I've been using the PowerEx 2,700's for many years, but started cycling in the low discharge Imedion 2,100s last year to replace the PowerExs. Anyway, when I put the PowerEx 2,700s through an annual, or bi-annual break-in, the Maha MH-C9000 has consistently killed them. I'm scared to put the newer Imedion 2,100s through a break-in cycle, and will only occassionally give them a "Refresh/Analyze". Is something wrong with this picture... the Maha MH-C9000 killing the higher capacity PowerExs if they're put through "Break-In" after a year or more of service life?

I don't wan't to hijack the thread, but like I said, the statement piqued my curiosity, and there seems to be a lot of Maha MH-C9000 user here. If need be, I'll relocate over to "General".

Dewey

Last edited:
K

kb0nly

You piqued my curiosity with this statement. I've been using the Maha MH-C9000 since it first came out. I always run my brand new batteries through the break-in cycle before I put them in service, and it seams to really help. I've been using the PowerEx 2,700's for many years, but started cycling in the low discharge Imedion 2,100s last year to replace the PowerExs. Anyway, when I put the PowerEx 2,700s through an annual, or bi-annual break-in, the Maha MH-C9000 has consistently killed them. I'm scared to put the newer Imedion 2,100s through a break-in cycle, and will only occassionally give them a "Refresh/Analyze". Is something wrong with this picture... the Maha MH-C9000 killing the higher capacity PowerExs if they're put through "Break-In" after a year or more of service life?

I don't wan't to hijack the thread, but like I said, the statement piqued my curiosity, and there seems to be a lot of Maha MH-C9000 user here. If need be, I'll relocate over to "General".

Dewey

In my experience the older the battery the more susceptible they are to damage from overcharging or overheating. When you cycle them and they get killed do they also get HOT? I have some old batteries from one of the kids toys that i tossed into my BC700 on a refresh cycle and selected the highest charge rate because that also selects the highest discharge rate, i just wanted to cycle them fast and see if they were any good, they got HOT on the 700mA charge rate. And consequently two days later when they were dead they wouldn't take a charge again. I even put them in a slow dumb charger to see if it could force a charge back in, no go, after a few hours they were just hot and not holding a charge.

I don't charge over 200mA unless i really need to, and then i usually only use 500mA. The Tenergy 2600mAh batteries i got from BatteryJunction are holding up really good cycling through the scanner and tossing in the BC700 at 200mA. They all come up to full capacity and last a long time. Time will tell how long they last before failure.

Heat is the ultimate enemy of NiCD or NiMH batteries. I'm not familiar enough with Lithium but i assume they would be affected as well. I have some rechargeables floating around that are years old and still work great.

jmm346

Does anybody know of a charger that charges 3 batteries at a time instead of the normal 2 or 4? 396T battery thing. I refuse to charge batteries in the unit.

I use this one here. It was purchased from Target a few years ago, don't know if they still carry it.

It has individual charging indicators and also includes a USB charging port.