A Company Who Sells Telescoping Whips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am looking for a comapany online that I may order telescoping whips of any length. Some like a "specialty" thing. I preferrably would like a a telescoping antenna with 3/8ths inch inner thread to fit on a magnet mount I have. I prefer it to extend to 60 inches. More is better.

I tried Mouser Electronics. Nothing

I tried Nichicon. Nothing.

Radio Shack..Not even gonna try due to recent closings.

Ebay. They have a 44 inch (1/2λ=125mhz 47 inches roughly) that might work yet the base of it has male threads. I need a telescoping whip with female 3/8ths inch threads.

I really need it to be telescoping for frequency tuning for any band down to 50mhz (1/4λ=59 inches). This makes it easier for me so I can use a measuring tape to measure the antenna practically.

Yes it is receive only on RTL-SDR and yes it makes a few db difference with that kind of equipment.

Any other online stores with that can fulfill my wishes?

Thanks.

methusaleh

Smiley Antenna makes them, I was just on their site a few days ago. I have owned several over the years and they are by far the most durable I've ever had.

Blackswan73

Standard Telescopic Whip
They have antennas that will extend up to ten feet in length. I used one of their shorter ones, about five feet to make a portable antenna for my Icom R70 receiver. It worked fine. Very high quality whips.

Last edited by a moderator:

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Smiley Antenna makes them, I was just on their site a few days ago. I have owned several over the years and they are by far the most durable I've ever had.

i absolutely second this.

We are replacing the stock antennas on every HT we have in service with their tuned ducks. A few firefighters like carrying telescopic whips as backups, and we ordered several to test. We specifically requested they be tuned to 171.4 as the exact centerpoint of the range of frequencies we use, and they work pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.