A Couple Noob Questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr4000

Hi all....I'm fairly new to the scanning world. The scanner I use most of the time is the BCD396T. I have a couple questions....

Where I live it's generally a bunch of small Villages, so the local Police is on a Conventional System, they are not Trunked. I have put in the freqs. that are listed for my area, and I just feel that I am not hearing everything that is going on. I KNOW there is more going on than what I hear. Don't get me wrong though, I do hear a fair amount of talk, but I just know there is more going on.

With some of the freqs. I see that there is a PL Tone next to some of them. I do not have this code programmed in the scanner. If I program it in, will I hear more transmissions??

Is there any way to connect the scanner to the computer and type out the Alpha-Tags, and up-load them into the scanner?? I have a lot of names and such to put in, and the constant clicking and spinning of the knobs and buttons is driving me crazy.

LarrySC

No one knows where you are. Post on your state forum. Maybe someone close to you can supply more detailed info. Good Luck.

K3ONW

If You Do Not Program In The Pl Tone, You Do Not Miss
Any Action.

If You Program In The Incorrect Pl Tone, You Will Miss
The Action On That Frequency.

K3ONW said:
If You Do Not Program In The Pl Tone, You Do Not Miss
Any Action.

If You Program In The Incorrect Pl Tone, You Will Miss
The Action On That Frequency.

If you program the correct PL tone, you should hear the traffic you intend to with less interference from other stations.

Bill2k

gsxr4000 said:
Is there any way to connect the scanner to the computer and type out the Alpha-Tags, and up-load them into the scanner?? I have a lot of names and such to put in, and the constant clicking and spinning of the knobs and buttons is driving me crazy.

If you bought your 396 new it should have come with a programming cable. If you don't have a cable, you can buy one from Uniden for around $15.

Uniden also has free software you can download which you can use to control/program your scanner with your computer.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The Uniden software can be downloaded here. Be sure to select the option to receive the software key.

Sonar

Look in the Software forum. You should also look in the Uniden forum.

I use ARC396T Pro to program mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.