A couple of PRO-137 ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Does the 137 show the actual S.A.M.E. event (i.e. Tornado Warning, T-Storm Warning ect.).

2. Does it come with a BNC/SMA adaptor?

3. Would the AC adaptor from the BC346-xt work?
I own a BC346-XT(among many others , both R.S., and Uniden) , and its probably the best trunking (analog) scanner I have ever owned. I havent really paid attention to the 137, but the case and the performance (minus the trunking), look and sound(from all the positive reviews I have read) identical to the 346. The reason I ask the questions I did ,is because I am thinking about picking one up from OVERSTOCK.com. For a tad over $50.00, sounds like a great little conventional scanner. I would mainly use it for a weather scanner. Local HAMS, Skywarn, and NOAA. Possibly some RR monitoring also. I should say I did look at the manual online-----not very good, but I have seen worse. Thanks for any help, or thoughts Mike

wb0wao

Wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Does the 137 show the actual S.A.M.E. event (i.e. Tornado Warning, T-Storm Warning ect.).

2. Does it come with a BNC/SMA adaptor?

3. Would the AC adaptor from the BC346-xt work?

To answer your questions...

1 - No, all it will do is open the audio up when the 1050 Hz tone is received. It has no capability to enter in S.A.M.E. codes or event codes. So anytime the local WX station transmitts that tone for anything and for any county, the '137 will respoind.

2 - No

3 - I have no idea

Haley

Thank you for the reply. That makes it a bit easier for me to decide. I will probably pass on the deal ,and just use my 246t for my weather scanner. Thanks again, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.