a couple q's about 330t...

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningman_77

I'm a newbie so please be patient...when scanning a trunked system i have a few questions about operation and the display.. the second line from the bottom of the screen says "SO: 1------------" and i can't seem to find what "S.O." refers to in the manual. Also, i have 5 frequencies in this paticular system and when pressing the hold button and scrolling to the end of the frequency list the display shows the talkgroup ID with a paticular frequency from the programmed group displayed below it (this frequency is transmitting a consistant "fuzz" and i'm assuming it should be locked out but not sure...). and my major question is this... If i want to scan that system only, should i be on the screen that has the talkgroup ID on it???

n2mdk

The S0 is your system quick key indicator the number next to the S denotes the the first number in that key in the case of what you have shown you know that system quick key 1 is active the 01 denotes. The BR330T has 99 System Quick Keys. So if you had system 15 active it would show S1: ----5-----
That constant noise is your control channel, lock that out and say good bye to the radio trunking.
Not sure of your last question but if you only want to listen to one particular Talkgroup you can hold on it.

spooney

Question 1 : S0: 1********* is displaying the SQK #1. You have the option of assigning up to 100 SQK's 0-99. S1: 1 is SQK 11 , S2: 1 is SQK 21 and so on up to S9: 9 is SQK 99.

Question 2 : The buzz is the control channel on a trunked system. Do not lock it out. The scanner will not track if you do that. You will not hear it when you are in scan mode.

Question 3 : Not sure what your question is.

delta_p

I think that's a zero as in S0, and the zero thru 9 represents the first digit of the system being scanned. Don't lock out the buzz frequency. That's the control channel for that system and the one you want to keep. Go to wiki and read basics on trunk systems. If you want to scan that system only, just put that trunk system on a single system quick key and set that the active key and no others. So for instance if you assign it Skey 5 make the second line read S0****5*****. Activate the groups you desire or just press scan button until you see ID Search, and you'll be scanning that system.

PP

burningman_77

thanks fellas, i did read the basics on trunked systems but i'm still trying to get the feel of it by doing. its frustrating because i've programmed a couple of systems from my town (one being police dispatch) and i'm still not picking up on anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.