A couple west tn questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Hello I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a few questions about some west TN channels.

1. I am trying to monitor the city of Bartlett TN FD. I know they recently switched radio systems and I have a bc436 and bc536 but can't figure out which frequency to download from the sentinel software as I was told it is a state system?

2. I also monitor Fayette County Fire and have their main frequency in the scanners. I am trying to find their fireground channels which in a radio are listed as vfire 21, vfire22 , etc. I can't find that listing anywhere in the sentinel software.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a few questions about some west TN channels.

1. I am trying to monitor the city of Bartlett TN FD. I know they recently switched radio systems and I have a bc436 and bc536 but can't figure out which frequency to download from the sentinel software as I was told it is a state system?
Somebody in your state may have a better answer. But looking at the database for Shelby County, it shows that Bartlett had been using this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=694

But comments on the page indicate that the system above was the "old" system, and that the city had migrated to a new P25 Phase II system:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9187

At this time, I don't see any talkgroups on the state system for Bartlett or Shelby County, other than state agencies.

So far, on the Bartlett Phase II system, there are only a couple of talkgroups listed. Looking at what was on the old system, I suspect there are other TGID's in use. Add that system to a Favorites list, then use the Favorites List Editor on it. Edit the system and on the Options tab, set ID Search to "ON". That will pick up unlisted talkgroups. Some are likely to be public works and possibly other departments that you have no interest in. I would suggest that if you can determine specific use, submit them to the database. You can lock them out by hitting <Function>+<Avoid>.

If you can identify additional public safety ID's (Police, Fire, EMS), then submit those as well.

The database in Sentinel shows both the old & new system as "Bartlett Public Safety". Click on the "+" sign by the system name to ecpand it. the 'new' system is the one that only shows Police & Fire (departments) and Simulcast for the site. The old system also has 'Public Works' as a department.

2. I also monitor Fayette County Fire and have their main frequency in the scanners. I am trying to find their fireground channels which in a radio are listed as vfire 21, vfire22 , etc. I can't find that listing anywhere in the sentinel software.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks
VFIRE21 & VFIRE22 sound like they are part of the National Interoperability plan frequencies.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

Look in the Public Safety Common section on that page & try the frequencies listed there.

Ralphc28

I am also trying to setup, Bartlett, TN. System is APCO P25 Phase 2, and 700 MHZ freq's are outside my old scanners range. So I have a new BCD325P2. Old system is gone (down). Fire dispatch is 65139, Police dispatch is 201, Police records is 203.
I am getting very little traffic on here, so I am sure I don't have it all correctly setup.
I don't hear the Public works, that usually is a lot of past traffic,
DB shows two other sites, with different frequencies, I set them up but hearing nothing from them, and only one seems to have a control channel.
Meanwhile, supposedly Fire Dispatch is also on 154.34000, Backups 854.01250, 856.58750, and police on 854.43750. All untested.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Thank you that definitely helps with the fayette county issue. I'm still trying to learn this scanners and the programming which is all Greek to me. This info helps and I will try it on the Bartlett system. Thank you again.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Somebody in your state may have a better answer. But looking at the database for Shelby County, it shows that Bartlett had been using this system: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=694

But comments on the page indicate that the system above was the "old" system, and that the city had migrated to a new P25 Phase II system:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9187

At this time, I don't see any talkgroups on the state system for Bartlett or Shelby County, other than state agencies.

So far, on the Bartlett Phase II system, there are only a couple of talkgroups listed. Looking at what was on the old system, I suspect there are other TGID's in use. Add that system to a Favorites list, then use the Favorites List Editor on it. Edit the system and on the Options tab, set ID Search to "ON". That will pick up unlisted talkgroups. Some are likely to be public works and possibly other departments that you have no interest in. I would suggest that if you can determine specific use, submit them to the database. You can lock them out by hitting <Function>+<Avoid>.

If you can identify additional public safety ID's (Police, Fire, EMS), then submit those as well.

The database in Sentinel shows both the old & new system as "Bartlett Public Safety". Click on the "+" sign by the system name to ecpand it. the 'new' system is the one that only shows Police & Fire (departments) and Simulcast for the site. The old system also has 'Public Works' as a department.

VFIRE21 & VFIRE22 sound like they are part of the National Interoperability plan frequencies.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

Look in the Public Safety Common section on that page & try the frequencies listed there.

I did what you said and now it is saying nothing to scan on those fav lists. They show in sentinel software and show on radio but when I try to quick key them and scan just them it says nothing to scan . Any suggestions on what I may have done?? Ugh I hate digital crap.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
I am also trying to setup, Bartlett, TN. System is APCO P25 Phase 2, and 700 MHZ freq's are outside my old scanners range. So I have a new BCD325P2. Old system is gone (down). Fire dispatch is 65139, Police dispatch is 201, Police records is 203.
I am getting very little traffic on here, so I am sure I don't have it all correctly setup.
I don't hear the Public works, that usually is a lot of past traffic,
DB shows two other sites, with different frequencies, I set them up but hearing nothing from them, and only one seems to have a control channel.
Meanwhile, supposedly Fire Dispatch is also on 154.34000, Backups 854.01250, 856.58750, and police on 854.43750. All untested.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I have tried keeping the old system and new as well. I can't even figure out how to get the 154.340 into the new scanner and I see on the updated database today that the BFD dispatch tg ID is 65178.

I wish I could be of mor help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did what you said and now it is saying nothing to scan on those fav lists. They show in sentinel software and show on radio but when I try to quick key them and scan just them it says nothing to scan . Any suggestions on what I may have done?? Ugh I hate digital crap.
If it's not letting you turn them on via the quick key, either your quick keys are not enabled, or else you may have them set to download (in your profile) but not to 'Monitor'.

Which quick keys are you trying to use to turn them on? Favorites list quick keys? System quick keys (within a Favorites list)? Or Department/Site quick keys, within a specific system?

Also see this Wiki page. The section pertaining to the 436HP/536HP is about the middle of the page: Uniden Scanners Systems, Sites and Groups - The RadioReference Wiki

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
If it's not letting you turn them on via the quick key, either your quick keys are not enabled, or else you may have them set to download (in your profile) but not to 'Monitor'.

Which quick keys are you trying to use to turn them on? Favorites list quick keys? System quick keys (within a Favorites list)? Or Department/Site quick keys, within a specific system?

Also see this Wiki page. The section pertaining to the 436HP/536HP is about the middle of the page: Uniden Scanners Systems, Sites and Groups - The RadioReference Wiki

I believe it was the set to monitor not being checked. They are all showing up now so tomorrow I will give it a go. I appreciate your help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have tried keeping the old system and new as well. I can't even figure out how to get the 154.340 into the new scanner and I see on the updated database today that the BFD dispatch tg ID is 65178.

I wish I could be of mor help.
The 154.340 frequency is for a conventional channel.

In Sentinel, click on the US main database in the upper left corner of the screen. Clicking on the "+" sign next to 'US' to expand the list of states.

Scroll down to Tennessee, and click on the "+" sign by it to expand the list of counties.

Scroll down to find Shelby and click on the + sign by it.
You'll see three folders under Shelby, labeled as Nationwide, Statewide, and County Systems.

Click on County Systems to expand it.
Now, you see a list of the systems in the county. If you click to open up the one named just "Shelby", you'll see a list of Departments under the County.
If you select the one labeled as "Shelby County-Bartlett", you'll see that 154.340 in there, along with the two backups Ralph mentioned.

If you <right click> on that line, you'll get a pop-up menu that gives you the option to Append that to a Favorites list. Pick the list you want to add it to. Or, if you right click on the line that just shows as Shelby, you can append all of those conventional frequencies in the county to a Favorites list. You can delete any that are not of interest (from your Favorites list), or set them to Avoid, so that they will not be scanned.

Ralphc28

65179 is the BFD dispatch, as I can see and heat it. Have not seen 65178, but willing to bet it will be a BFD fireground when it shows up. I can't help with the radio questions as mine is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.